Fundamental, a boutique philanthropic consulting firm working with several private and family charitable foundations, seeks a full-time Executive Assistant/Office Manager for our Beverly Hills office. This team member will primarily support the President of the firm while also managing the administrative needs of the office. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining the President’s appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel;
- Assisting with the President’s work flow, anticipating needs and providing the appropriate support and guidance to ensure the President is operating efficiently and effectively;
- Conserving the President’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications;
- Responding to a broad range of internal and external individuals, frequently related to matters of immediate concern, and coordinate responses, solutions and follow-up;
- Welcoming guests visiting the office and answering all incoming calls;
- Maintaining office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; evaluating new office products; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies;
- Ensuring operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques;
- Coordinating logistics for events/salons hosted by the firm or clients of the firm;
- Streamlining office systems; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Prior experience working as an Assistant to an Executive, as a part of a fast-paced office environment;
- Communicates effectively with a variety of people;
- Strong writing, and research skills;
- Graphic design experience a plus;
- Prior history working with foundations, non-profit organizations, the entertainment industry, elected officials and/or political campaigns a plus; and
- Knowledge of Salesforce database, Squarespace, WordPress, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe a plus.
We are seeking an individual who:
- Takes initiative and is extremely resourceful;
- Implements work with limited staff support;
- Anticipates needs before senior management asks;
- Juggles and prioritizes competing demands in a fast-paced work environment;
- Thrives in a team environment and has a collegial spirit in sharing ideas and receiving constructive feedback; and
- Operates with discretion and confidentiality.
To apply, email your resume and a cover letter to Andrea Sorin at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, please complete the following writing assignment: Tell us in roughly 250 words about a social issue of deep importance to you and why it matters.