Founded in 1999, BUILD’s mission is to use entrepreneurship to ignite the potential of youth in under-resourced communities and equip them for high school, college and career success. BUILD’s unique program offers students a four-year entrepreneurship experience designed to develop 21st Century Skills and motivate student engagement in school. Starting in 9th grade, BUILD students work with their peers and community mentors to develop business ideas, pitch to funders and launch real businesses. As students journey through high school and continue to grow their businesses, BUILD helps them explore college and career options, and assists students with the college application process. Entrepreneurship is the hook – college, career, and life success are the goals.
BUILD currently serves approximately 2,000 high school students annually at programs located in the San Francisco Bay Area, Washington DC, New York City and Boston.
BUILD believes in the potential of every student and is dedicated to breaking down the educational, economic and social barriers that stand in the way of their long-term success. The remarkable young men and women whom we serve are at the center of everything we do. Our culture thrives by embracing diversity and cross-cultural understanding. We work in a collaborative environment where flexibility, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit are encouraged and celebrated. Kindness, empathy and respect are at the forefront of the way we treat each other, our students, our teachers and our supporters.
BUILD is seeking a dynamic full-time Executive Assistant (EA) to support the Chief Executive Officer. The EA is responsible for the CEO’s written communications, donor prospect research, speech writing, calendar, fundraising meetings, travel arrangements, event support and special projects. This role requires the EA to collaborate with staff members from the Development and Program teams; be flexible, hardworking and a fast learner; and possess a multi-disciplinary skill set including excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. The EA should also be able to assist with data entry using donor management software, such as Raiser’s Edge.
- Management of calendar, travel, and monthly expense reports.
- Anticipate the logistical and information needs of the CEO to ensure she is prepared for meetings, presentations, and events which can include:
- Creating agendas, information packets, and presentations,
- Conducting research,
- Ordering refreshments, and
- Attending Executive and National Leadership Team meetings, recording and distributing minutes and following up on action items.
- Track CEO deadlines and commitments to ensure timely completion.
- Manage email, phone messages, and incoming communication, and respond to communications in a professional, timely and appropriate manner.
- Produce high quality correspondences from dictation, verbal instructions, and templates: edit and proofread as necessary.
- Draft CEO’s emails and memos, and assisting with PowerPoint presentations etc.
- Assist with internal and external communications, including press relations, collateral material, reports, newsletters, and documenting the work of the agency.
- Maintain accurate records of donors, prospects and development activity including prospect research.
- Provide support for the National Board, including scheduling meetings, handling meeting arrangements, board communications, and updating board files (i.e. rosters, profiles, etc.).
- Support with logistics for annual summer and winter staff retreats.
- Support and attend national gala, fundraising, and small cultivation donor events.
- Complete special projects as assigned by members of the Executive Team.
- Complete and file monthly expense reports.
- At least four years of relevant work experience, preferably in a fast-paced environment supporting one or more executives.
- Must be highly competent and skilled in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Type 60-75 words per minute minimum.
- Experience with a customer relationship management (CRM) system, preferably Raiser’s Edge or Salesforce.
- Experience with event management a plus.
- Excellent written communication skills, including emails and reports. Writing must be clear, concise, and reflect attention to detail. (Note: A writing sample will be required as part of the interview process.)
- Strong copyediting and proofreading skills
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following competencies through a combination of previous education/work experiences:
- Customer Service Orientation - Anticipate and respond promptly and professionally to requests and needs from all key stakeholders and set clear expectations while taking other perspectives into account.
- Attention to Detail - Accomplish a task with a thorough and precise focus on every component of the project, no matter how small or time-consuming.
- Written and Oral Communication - Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to craft effective emails and written correspondence to key stakeholders.
- Multi-tasking - Move seamlessly between any number of prioritized tasks and functions, as required.
- Thoroughness - Ensure that one's own and others' work and information are complete and accurate; carefully prepare for meetings and presentations; follow up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
- Location: Boston, MA
- Occasional travel required
BUILD offers a competitive compensation and benefits package for eligible employees. This includes medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending accounts, and a 403(b) plan. In addition, BUILD employees are eligible for generous paid vacation, sick time, 10 paid holidays per year, and a flexible work environment.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume. BUILD is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Promoting and celebrating diversity is at the core of our organizational values. Individuals are considered without regards to race, gender, age, sexual orientation, sexual expression, religion, color, veteran status, disability, marital status, or ancestry.
Please apply here: https://theapplicantmanager.com/jobs?pos=bu532&fs=1.0em