The Center for Victims of Torture is hiring an Events Specialist to support CVT’s overall fundraising strategy by managing various public and private events, locally and nationally. This employee will engage with current and prospective donors, volunteers and corporations in an effort to build relationships and support for CVT. CVT’s events are focused on raising money, providing updates on our programs and raising awareness about the issue of torture. CVT Events serve as part of a pipeline of major gifts to CVT.
Much of the content shared at events is directly related to our work in healing, advocacy, training or research so gatherings tend to be serious in nature, mission-oriented and somewhat technical. Many current and prospective donors are interested in hearing specifics about how CVT’s work is contributing to advancing human rights both in the US and around the world. We strive to create events where the story of our work is told in a compassionate, dignified and engaging manner.
The Center for Victims of Torture works toward a future in which torture ceases to exist and its victims have hope for a new life. We are an international nonprofit dedicated to healing survivors of torture. We offer rehabilitation services to those who have been tortured, train partners around the world who can prevent and treat torture, and advocate for human rights and an end to torture. We are headquartered in Minnesota, and we have US offices in Atlanta and DC, as well as offices in Africa and the Middle East.
- Event Management: Raise funds for CVT by leading, planning and implementing regular fundraising and donor cultivation events, in collaboration with the Donor Engagement Manager and others in the Development Department. Events include Restoring Hope Breakfast, quarterly donor briefings, house parties both local and national, CVT Eclipse Awards and other events. Coordinate logistical and administrative details. Partner with Communications Department to create and execute marketing strategy for events. Work cross-departmentally to drive and develop compelling and timely programming content for events.
- Donor Cultivation: Build relationships with current and prospective donors through events. Create strategies for recruiting guests to events and engage with attendees afterward. Collaborate with Donor Engagement team to recruit and manage table captains for annual Restoring Hope breakfast. Co-lead regular tours of the St. Paul Healing Center for current and prospective donors.
- Corporate Sponsorship Administration: Collaborate with donor engagement team to seek and secure event sponsorships and other corporate support for events. Develop strategies and corresponding materials to advertise and solicit corporate sponsorships. Research CVT supporters to identify new corporate prospects.
- Database Administration: Create event summary reports to track and measure donor progress in the pipeline. Create reports to measure event impact. Enter data, ensure information integrity, run queries and exports to extract data for event reporting and donor stewardship.
Required education, experience, certificates, licenses or registrations
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 years of experience in events management and/or 2 years of experience in fundraising
Preferred education, experience, certificates, licenses or registrations
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years of fundraising and events management experience
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Competency in Raiser’s Edge (or equivalent fundraising software)
- Demonstrated success in managing special events that achieve goals
- Ability to manage and prioritize competing tasks
- Ability to excel working independently and as a member of a team.
- Exceptional skills in organization and attention to detail
- Strong time management and customer service skills
- Access to a vehicle to drive between metro locations on a regular basis
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills
- Interest in or commitment to human rights
Submit resume, cover letter and salary expectations by April 28, 2019 to http://cvt.simplicant.com/