Hispanics in Philanthropy
Multiple Locations, Potential Remote Role
About Hispanics in Philanthropy (HIP)
HIP’s mission is to strengthen Latino leadership, voice, and equity. We have a 30-year track record of supporting social entrepreneurs -- leaders who find solutions, build communities, and who are the future. By partnering with foundations, corporations, and individuals, HIP focuses on grantmaking, events, conferences, advocacy campaigns and collaborative initiatives to address the most pressing issues facing Latinos.
The Events Manager will be responsible for leading HIP’s event development and execution and will assist HIP's development team in event-related funding and sponsorship solicitation. Responsibilities include managing key elements of HIP’s annual Conference and Gala, HIP's biannual convenings of Latino Foundation CEOs and Trustees, and yearly convenings and HIP membership meetings. This is a mid-level position for a professional with prior event management experience.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter and talented event manager with experience working in the philanthropic or social sector. Prior experience soliciting corporate and foundation sponsorships preferred, though not required. He or she must have excellent organizational skills, work well under pressure, and should be able to work independently and as part of a team. The Events Manager will report to the HIP Vice President of Development.
The HIP Events Manager may select to work from one of the following locations:
Oakland, CA (HIP Headquarters)
Raleigh, NC (HIP North Carolina Office)
Miami, FL (Remote)
Washington, DC (Remote)
- Lead event management, development, and execution for HIP’s annual Conference & Gala
- Lead event management, development, and execution for HIP’s biannual meeting of Latino Foundation CEOs and Trustees
- Lead event management of HIP convenings, membership meetings, fundraising meetings, and other organizational events
- Spearhead all logistics efforts including speaker outreach, program content, marketing, communications, registration, day-of coordination, and follow up
- Manage and track event budgets, timelines, and targets
- Support development team to solicit event sponsorship from foundation, corporate, and individual sponsors
- Conduct regular prospect research to identify new sponsorship opportunities, in coordination with HIP’s VP of Development when needed
- 2-3 years of experience in event coordination and management
- Project management experience, success managing multiple projects at the same time
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Creativity, flexibility, and a can-do attitude
- Self-starter with high professional and ethical standards
- Bachelor’s degree (English, Communications, or Journalism a plus)
- Ability to manage high-pressure situations and respond to the unexpected
- Must be tech savvy with a demonstrated proficiency in email marketing programs, online registration systems, etc.
- Experience and high comfort level in multicultural or international environments (including the Americas), a plus
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred, but not essential
- Experience working in the social or philanthropic sectors preferred, but not essential
- This role requires 30% travel to regional, national, and international events. If based outside headquarters, this role will require periodic visits to Oakland, CA where HIP is headquartered
- To apply for this role, please send a completed cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “HIP Events Manager”.