Join EPIP New York, PEAK Grantmaking New York Regional Chapter, and Philanthropy New York for a two-part workshop focused on your professional development! Participate in two highly-interactive sessions, focused on reflecting on your current role in your organization and strategizing how best to advocate for yourself at work while networking with other grants management colleagues from the area.
Part I: Your Professional Evolution in Grants Management
The role and function of grants management continues to evolve in organizations across the philanthropic sector. As a grants management professional, you are performing new roles, broadening your responsibilities, and expanding your impact throughout your organization. This time of change requires you to develop new skills, communicate differently, and look ahead to the future. In this interactive session, we will discuss the evolution of the grants management model, the current state of grantmaking operations in your organization, and how you can reach the next level of effectiveness. After the workshop participants will have the ability to:
- Audit your organization’s current stage in the grants management evolution model
- Create strategies to advance your organization to the next stage in the evolution model
- Develop professional development plans for your career growth
- Promote the benefits of change to your organization’s leadership
Part II: Advocating for Yourself Activity & Discussion
Whether you’d like to enroll in a professional development course, take the lead on a new project, or change a process to make your work more efficient—how you ask is just as important as why you are asking. Knowing some basic negotiating tactics and understanding the right way to prepare for your conversation can help you to better advocate for yourself and position yourself as a strategic leader in your organization. Participants will:
- Learn and practice effective tactics to reframe how you advocate for yourself to achieve the best possible outcomes
- Understand how to use conversation as an opportunity to showcase yourself as a leader
- Prepare and practice an important conversation you’d like to have to advocate for yourself at work
- Melissa Sines, Effective Practices Manager, PEAK Grantmaking
- Sara Sanders, Regional Chapter Manager, PEAK Grantmaking
- Ebony Wilkinson, Department Coordinator, Ford Foundation & EPIP New York Chapter Leader
Tickets cover both Part I and Part II of the program. We look forward to seeing you there.
Are you an EPIP Member? Click here for EPIP Member RSVP!
New York, NY 10036
Google map and directions