This year has been hard in many ways. Black and Brown communities have been the hardest hit by the coronavirus pandemic, disproportionately dying from the disease, and experiencing increased job loss, economic insecurity, violence, and harassment. All of this in a backdrop of relentless systemic racism that put Black lives in danger.
Join us for a series of racial and identity caucuses to engage in healing conversations. Aja and Nicole from 2 Brown Girls will foster a real experience of community as we start processing everything this past year threw at us, plus centuries of systemic racism that have brought us to where we are.
We have planned two conversations, during which we will chat about:
- Learning to self care in these unprecedented times, and how processing trauma can be part of it
- How to be a better ally
- Preparing for sustained involvement in the movement to advance racial justice and to prevent burnout
- Learning more about the systematic nature of racism
During these conversations we will break out in small groups by identity
Please register for both conversations using the links below:
- Initial Affinity Group Conversation, Thursday, Jan. 14 at 6pm
- Follow Up Affinity Group Conversation, Tuesday, Jan. 26 at 6pm
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in with