Benefit: 15% discount off all grantmaking courses. Courses prices vary.
Details: The NYU Academy for Grantmaking and Funder Education is a division of the NYU George Heyman Jr. Center for Philanthropy and Fundraising. The Academy program is targeted to both individual philanthropists and foundation professionals. The curriculum is based on “core competencies of grantmaking”, sequential learning, and was developed in collaboration with the Council on Foundations, the Association of Small Foundations, Regional Associations of Grantmakers, the National Center for Family Philanthropy, and numerous private foundations, and many others in the field. Programs include a Certificate in Grantmaking, Mini intensives for new grantmakers, and Advanced Intensives for more experienced funders.
When: Courses are offered each semester (Fall, Spring). Additionally NYU offers weeklong intensive courses every January.
Where: New York, NY
Fall 2012 Courses (September – December 2012):
- Foundations of Philanthropy [phil1-ce9 010001]
- The Evolving Role of Non-Profit Organizations [phil1-ce9 150001]
- Law of Non Profit Management [phil1 - ce9 -120001]
- Dynamics of Family Philanthropy [phil1 - ce9-025001]
- Strategic Grantmaking 1 [phil1 - ce9 025001] ["Foundations of Philanthropy" is a prerequisite for this course/or permission of instructor]
- Social Enterprise and Philanthropy [phil1- 044001]
- Program Evaluation Approaches for Funders [hil1 ce9 015001] ["Strategic Grantmaking 1" is a prerequisite for this course/or permission of the instructor]
January 2013 Courses:
- January 7-11: Intensive for new funders (this course has been offered twelve times prior)
- January 14-18: Intensive for more advanced funders (this course has been offered three times prior)
Be the first to comment
Sign in with