Program Associate, Environmental Education Job Announcement
Inspired by a vision of people and nature thriving together, the Pisces Foundation is dedicated to improving the environment for present and future generations. After hiring its first full-time staff in fall 2012, the Foundation embarked upon a strategic planning process which has defined its vision, mission and principles, as well as specific goals and outcomes for three areas of focus: environmental education, climate & energy, and water. To implement its new strategy, the Foundation seeks a Program Associate to work with its Environmental Education program. This position reports to the Senior Program Officer for Environmental Education and will play an important role in a dynamic, growing philanthropy. The position is located in the Foundation’s San Francisco headquarters.
- Grantmaking: Assist Senior Program Officer in grant planning, research, and development. Contribute to the review and summary of grant proposals and reports. Assist in assessing grantee and team progress toward strategic outcomes and goals.
- Research, Analysis, and Synthesis: Research existing and potential new areas of focus. Attend key meetings and events to capture salient information for sharing with others. Prepare reports, briefings, and presentations for a variety of purposes and audiences through online and desktop research. Project manage the Environmental Education Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning program.
- Track the Field: Monitor and summarize domain fields for news, political changes, opportunities, and other information related to the Foundation’s strategies.
- Events: Lead event planning for grantee or funder meetings and conferences.
- Work with Consultants: Help identify, engage, and manage consultants required for specific research, scoping studies, or other projects.
- Grant Management: Manage grant planning, the grantmaking process, and internal grant- related reporting. This includes mastering an online database (SmartSimple), liaising with appropriate people both internally and externally, and managing online and paper grant files.
- Communications: Maintain high-quality interactions and clear and consistent communications with grantees and partners. Provide guidance to grantees on grant application procedures and reporting requirements. Serve as program liaison for general inquiries, grantees, consultants, and other parties.
- Operations: Provide administrative support such as scheduling.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-6 years of experience in philanthropy, nonprofits, or other change-making endeavors, whether for-profit or non-profit;
- Passion for the Pisces Foundation mission;
- Foundation experience and/or knowledge about environmental education and other Pisces Foundation programs preferred;
- Self-starter, highly motivated, resourceful, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability and desire to help create a thought-leading, world-class philanthropy;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills with an excellent attention to detail and commitment to high quality work;
- Ability to represent the Foundation in a professional, courteous, and tactful manner;
- Interest, comfort, and strength working in a dynamic “start-up” environment;
- Fluency with Microsoft Office software and ease or willingness to learn how to work with online databases;
- Ability to travel occasionally and attend some evening events; and
- Flexibility and sense of humor.
A competitive salary, based on experience, and a benefits package is available. How to apply: Applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and relevant writing sample combined as a single document in PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the subject line, “EE PROGRAM ASSOCIATE POSITION.” Please indicate where you saw the posting. See http://www.piscesfoundation.org/ for more information on the Foundation.
Deadline for Applications: April 17th, 2016.
We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and with a variety of skills, experiences, and ideas. We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.