Reports to: Co-Founder/Managing Director
Open Impact is a strategic advisory firm partnering with philanthropic and nonprofit leaders to envision, design, and accelerate the work of social change. We are a focused team from diverse backgrounds, who are passionate about driving impact on behalf of our client partners. Open Impact brings together decades of experience working on a wide range of social issues, including K-12 public education, human services, the environment, housing and community development, and global health, as well as cross-cutting issues such as collaborations, governance, leadership development, and nonprofit capacity building. Collectively, our team has spent decades understanding how change happens and developing frameworks, tools, and approaches to connect philanthropy to the best ideas, leaders, organizations, and networks. This includes tools for developing strategy and operating plans, program and business models, governance and leadership, networks and learning cohorts, cross-sector collaborations, and evaluation and reporting.
Primary role is to staff and manage a portfolio of consulting projects in partnership with the Managing Directors of the firm. In addition, occasionally take on special projects to advance firm priorities, including business development, knowledge management, or thought leadership.
Manage Client Relationships/Projects:
- For active leads, develop proposals, scopes of work, and budgets as needed.
- Lead day-to-day execution of a portfolio of consulting projects, which entails:
- Managing client engagements to successful completion, including ongoing problem solving, meeting facilitation, and final deliverables;
- Develop project work plans, timelines, and deliverables, and manage firm resources accordingly;
- Gather and analyze information, formulate and test hypotheses, and conduct any other quantitative and qualitative research on a variety of issues;
- Coordinate engagement team on project, including managing any outside contractors and supporting effective project leader engagement;
- Act as main point of contact for client throughout the length of the project; support design and facilitation of client meetings/workshops;
- Upon completion, fully close out project, including leading internal codification, debrief/lessons learned, and knowledge transfer.
- Provide occasional support as needed on internal firm projects including research and writing for newsletters, blogs, and other intellectual property related projects.
- Proven commitment to social impact (mission-oriented)
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic record; advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years of demonstrated project management and/or consulting experience
- Expertise in the social sector, including philanthropic, nonprofit, or impact investing fields
- Solid social sector knowledge, including strategy, theory of change, program design, evaluation/performance management, business models, capacity-building, etc.
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Collaborative mindset and experience supporting and leading teams
- Ability to work autonomously and manage up, particularly in dynamic environments
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Skilled in presentation development and design (e.g. PowerPoint)
- Willingness to travel occasionally
Why work with Open Impact?
- Mission: Work with a team committed to changing the world.
- Learning: You’ll gain new skills, stretch yourself, and grow, with lots of opportunities for mentorship and feedback.
- Network: We work with the sector’s highest performers and leaders.
To apply, please email a resume and a cover letter that explains how your skills fit with the job requirements, and why you believe this position would be a good fit for you, to email@example.com.