The Take On Wall Street campaign came together to build a financial system for white, black, and brown working families, not big Wall Street banks. In the spring of 2016, over 50 groups decided to work together to envision a better financial system, train activists, cultivate champions, and fight for policy change to address the predatory economic power of big Wall Street banks and billionaires, and build a financial system for all of us. Take On Wall Street is hosted by Americans for Financial Reform (AFR).
The Education & Advocacy Coordinator will
- Lead the Take On Wall Street popular education program, a curriculum that takes activists on a participatory journey about financialization, racial and gender injustice, and corporate capture of our democracy, and what we can do to fight back. Continue to develop and adapt the curriculum, and work with allies to plan and facilitate sessions
- Help manage and move policy advocacy campaigns to advance our agenda, including postal banking, breaking up the big banks, introducing a Wall Street sales tax, and stopping stock buybacks, among other issues.
- Maintain and build relationships with state and local partners on grassroots and grasstops outreach, public education, mobilization, and advocacy strategies.
- With director and AFR’s digital lead, ramp up Take On Wall Street’s digital presence and manage email action list.
- Working with coalition partners to develop, maintain and share campaign materials and resources necessary to succeed in our collective advocacy.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter with a passion for economic, racial, and gender justice, and have a demonstrated ability to work well with a diverse team of colleagues and allies. Other strongly preferred experience and qualities include:
- Minimum of 3 years organizing and/or advocacy experience, ideally in coalition
- Group facilitation and/or training experience
- Strong writing and communication skills, including ability to distill complex topics into accessible and compelling formats
- Familiarity with grassroots advocacy and organizing
- Social media and/or website maintenance experience
- The ability to manage multiple projects and navigate complex policies or relationships with attention to detail.
Salary and benefits
The salary for this position ranges from $50,000 to $70,000 with exact salary depending on experience. Generous benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401k. AFR is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds. For more information on AFR, see our website at www.ourfinancialsecurity.org
How to apply
The Take On Wall Street campaign is housed within Americans for Financial Reform. Please send a letter of interest and a resume, two writing samples, and three references to Darrell Diggins at: [email protected] (Enter “TOWS Education & Advocacy Coordinator” in subject line.)