DONOR SERVICES AND ENGAGEMENT
Silicon Valley Community Foundation advances innovative philanthropic solutions to challenging problems, engaging donors to make our region and world a better place for all. Silicon Valley Community Foundation is a comprehensive center of philanthropy. Through visionary leadership, strategic grantmaking and world-class experiences, we partner with donors to strengthen the common good locally and throughout the world.
This role reports into the gifts team in the Donor Engagement and Services division, supporting all aspects of gifts and other revenue administration and processing.
- Support the gifts administration leadership in the management of gift processing workflows to ensure deadlines are met.
- Provide support to fellow colleagues to ensure the gifts unit is consistently providing timely, accurate and compliant gifts administration and meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
- Act as the main point of contact for accounting and other internal partners for gift-related questions pertaining to audit, reconciliation, donor statements and unit procedures.
- Provide timely, responsive and professional service to internal and external clients regarding gift and receipt status, procedures and requests for information by phone, email and in person.
- Enter gifts, receipts and new constituents into the donation module, ensuring timely and accurate daily processing. Create and maintain files and logs pertinent to gifts and receipts.
- Produce gift acknowledgement letters, verifying they are personalized and accurate before mailing.
- Contribute to team efforts to improve processing, procedures and to solve challenging problems.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Two years of college with an AA Degree or relevant work experience preferred.
- Knowledge with The Raiser’s Edge software and working experience in gifts processing, accounting, banking or book keeping is a plus.
- A high degree of flexibility and ability to reprioritize as client needs change.
- Aptitude to think critically. Attention to detail and proven ability to perform tasks independently with a high degree of accuracy.
- Demonstrates capacity to multitask in a fast-paced environment, stay organized and proactively manage workflow to meet deadlines.
- Initiative, good judgment and works with humor even when under pressure.
- Ability and willingness to work effectively with diverse groups of people and in a multicultural team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Silicon Valley Community Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
Please complete the application here: https://jobs.lever.co/siliconvalleycf.org/43ad53b2-5922-4818-9d57-a82e0adf0d36?lever-via=F2h-uMfMYS
Contact: Gretchen Buselli, Recruiter, Silicon Valley Community Foundation, Direct: 650.934.1457 | firstname.lastname@example.org