The California Community Foundation (CCF) is a public, charitable organization serving Los Angeles County in multiple capacities since 1915. We encourage philanthropy by individuals, families, companies and organizations, and serve as a trusted steward of their charitable funds and legacies. We make grants and collaborate with nonprofits in specific areas, and concentrate attention and resources on the needs of the most vulnerable individuals and groups in the community. CCF convenes and engages nonprofit, private and public sector partners to increase philanthropy and incorporate philanthropists into community problem solving in Los Angeles.
CCF is a dynamic environment that values individuals who want a purpose more than a position. We have a diverse and talented team of experienced and passionate advocates for our community. We are a learning organization driven by the idea that continuous improvement furthers professional development and increases our ability to effect positive change. We seek individuals who thrive in a fast-paced setting highly focused on results and impact.
CCF is hiring a temporary relations project manager to drive key projects within the Development and Donor Relations (DDR) department related to aligned giving and high end client services for donor advisors. This position is expected to start in May 2017 and end in August 2017.
- Major Gala Project Manager: In concert with the donor relations and donor operations teams, manages task list relating to a major gala outside of the U.S. Attends inter-departmental team meetings, taking notes and ensuring that agreed upon action items are completed. Ensures appropriate time is allocated for the vetting of complex gifts, contracts and sponsorship agreements. Ensures that key decisions are documented in Raiser’s Edge. Manages expectations appropriately both internally and externally with client contacts. Serves as liaison with event management company regarding event logistics and post-event wrap up.
- Research and Development: Researches complex fundraising structures including appropriate contract agreements, compliance due diligence and assists with the implementation of financial control oversight programs.
- Internal Customer Service: Highly responsive to internal requests for information. As a member of the donor relations team, identifies needs for systemic adjustments to institute efficiencies and better serve donors and internal colleagues.
- General: As appropriate, assist other departments and work as a member of interdepartmental teams to ensure the effective and efficient operations of CCF. At all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior with supervisors and coworkers. Other duties as assigned, dependent on organizational needs and employee skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function assigned satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Experience: At least three years related experience with Raiser’s Edge, development and donor services in a nonprofit organization required.
- Education: A bachelor’s degree is required.
- Knowledge of Philanthropic Practices: Strong knowledge of grantmaking processes and the nonprofit community in Los Angeles County.
- Communication Skills: Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills. Superior and proven customer services skills, including experience in writing customer-oriented policy and procedure documents.
- Technology Skills: Internet competency and strong computer proficiency, including mastery of the Microsoft Office software suite and a familiarity with database software, is required. Minimum three years’ experience with Raiser’s Edge, with extensive experience in database, spreadsheet and other computer programs strongly preferred.
- Team Work & General Skills: Ability to both work well independently and as team member. Ability to take initiative, suggest new approaches, develop non-traditional strategies and follow tasks through to completion.
- Requires the ability to sit and work at a desk for several hours at a time.
- Requires the ability to travel and attend meetings, presentations and events outside the office, which may require occasional use of a motor vehicle for transportation to other locations.
- Work may require occasional weekends and/or extended work day.
- Punctuality and satisfactory attendance are essential functions of the job.
This is a temporary, full-time, non-exempt position expected to end in August 2017. Salary is dependent on experience and qualifications. A generous benefit package may be provided depending on length of service, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, and parking or transportation.
How to Apply:
To apply to this position, please visit our website at www.calfund.org and select “Careers” or go to http://www.recruitingcenter.net/clients/calfund/publicjobs
CCF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.