Animal Rescue League is seeking a dynamic writer with fundraising experience to join our Development team as the Donor Relations & Communications Coordinator.
The Coordinator ensures that donors are properly acknowledged, continuously stewarded and thanked for their generosity, and will help develop long-term relationships that lead to continued engagement with ARL.
The Coordinator will work closely with our fundraising staff to write donor-centric solicitations and appeals, inspiring cases for support, and tailored proposals for major donors; oversee an impact driven stewardship and acknowledgement calendar; contribute to ARL e-newsletters and magazine; and produce our Annual Report.
Concurrently, the Donor Relations & Communications Coordinator will participate as a member of the Development team and provide coverage for departmental and ARL-wide activities when needed including event support.
To be successful in this full-time, exempt position, candidates should have a strong interest in animal welfare, fundraising knowledge and familiarity with current trends in philanthropy, experience writing exceptional donor-centric materials, excellent organization and time management skills, and attention to detail. Candidates should also be comfortable collaborating with staff across the organization and have the ability to work on several projects simultaneously.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Write and create cases for support that inspire significant gifts targeted to specific outcomes and donor interests.
- Under the guidance of the Associate Director of Development, support the Annual Fund by writing strategic, donor-centric digital and print appeals for the Direct Mail, Champions Circle (monthly donors), Online Giving, and Giving Tuesday campaigns that will help us reach our Annual Fund goal of $1.25M by 2020.
- Execute and help develop a dynamic stewardship calendar with a variety of written materials including cards, postcards, and special mailings or emails that articulates both the state-wide and targeted local impact of ARL programs to highlight donor investments in our mission and provide a steady and positive message of gratitude.
- Provide timely, meaningful, and motivating acknowledgement letters for donors at all levels.
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to provide content for our biannual magazine, Our Four Footed Friends, monthly e-newsletters, and blog posts.
- Maintain a portfolio of compelling stories that can be leveraged to illustrate donor impact.
- Schedule and/or conduct tours of ARL’s Animal Care and Adoption Centers for loyal donors and prospects.
- Provide customer service and assistance to donors on the phone and via email, maintaining professional demeanor at all times.
- Must complete a ninety-day orientation and training period.
- Must maintain a good attendance record.
- The above covers the most significant responsibilities of the position. It does not, however, exclude other occasional duties, the inclusion of which would be in conformity with the level of the position.
- BA/BS degree. Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in a non-profit fundraising environment.
- Extensive writing experience, specifically for donor audiences.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills required.
- Ability to work independently without close supervision but at the same time providing strong accountability and ongoing progress reports to the team members.
- Commitment to the mission of the Animal Rescue League of Boston.
- Must maintain confidentiality and be able to deal with highly confidential donor material without compromise.
To view full job description: Please go to https://www.arlboston.org/careers/
Apply online by clicking the Join Our Team – Apply Now! Link on the Careers page of our website.