Solidaire Network is a network of individual donors and foundations. We envision a world where racism, economic exploitation, and disregard for the wellbeing of the planet no longer destroys whole communities to benefit a few; a world where all people have the power to shape the decisions that affect their lives, and to flourish. Solidaire works to fundamentally change economic, political and cultural power systems by growing and nurturing a network of resource organizers to accompany movements for social and racial justice.
The Donor Organizing Consultant will play a key role in supporting Solidaire’s donor organizing work during a 9 month period, including building out comprehensive and structured strategies for network growth and community learning. The Donor Organizing Consultant will organize and develop the leadership of Solidaire members congruent with our newly approved Theory of Liberation. Primary tasks will include animating and organizing Solidaire members, supporting membership recruitment and on-boarding,supporting the development of regional hubs, holding regular community learning events and salons, strengthening and deepening relationships with and between members, and conducting ongoing analysis of membership growth and trends.
The Donor Organizing Consultant will demonstrate a powerful commitment to building and nurturing conscious and just relationships between movements and members. Under the guidance and supervision of the Director of Community Engagement, this role is critical in advancing Solidaire’s newly approved Theory of Liberation (2019-2022).
1. Network Growth (40%)
- Conduct regular quantitative and qualitative analyses on membership growth and trends to assist indecision-making on key priority areas
- Formulate strategies for the development and implementation of regional hubs and regional gatherings with members in key locations throughout the US
- Create and implement strategies for membership recruitment, effective on-boarding programs and orientation of new members
- Support members in Solidaire by understanding interest and growth areas, and develop members as donor organizers
- Participate and lead other creative opportunities aimed at achieving our benchmark of 300+ active members in the Solidaire Network by 2022
2. Donor Engagement (40%)
- Work with the Director of Community Engagement to develop strategies and goals for working groups, and assist in facilitating working group calls to support our members’ activism
- Communicate regularly and thoughtfully with members to meet learning needs, activate their agency and build a stronger community of donor organizers within our membership
- Develop individual level engagement, organizing, leadership development and giving plans with members in collaboration with Director of Community Engagement
- Innovate new learning and community building opportunities for institutional members
- Update relationship management systems by regularly updating Solidaire member information and renewals
3.Movement Building (20%)
- Develop, track and coordinate members’ political education engagement and help organize opportunities for sharing of learnings across the network
- Coordinate virtual salons and webinars for Solidaire members and the wider philanthropic community in collaboration with staff colleagues
- Work with Director of Community Engagement and Executive Director to formalize partnerships with political education providers and hosts in the broader movement funding ecosystem
Note: Solidaire is committed to responding flexibly to changing circumstances and priorities which means that the expectations of every position are dynamic. This description reflects the assignment of essential functions, but does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Key skills and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:Alignment with the vision and values of Solidaire Network including a strong racial, gender, class, environmental/social justice lens; Experientialknowledge of donor organizing efforts; Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience; At least 5 years of experience working with donors and/or networks and movements that advance social, racial, economic and/or climate justice in the United States; Knowledge of social justice philanthropy with commitment to values of humility, solidarity and justice; Proven experience in donor organizing; Strong facilitation skills; Grounded and flexible with a high degree of integrity, transparency, and collaborative ability; Impeccable verbal and written communication skills; Able to pay close and consistent attention to details and accuracy; Strong proficiency with research, data collection, data management, review, analysis, documentation and reporting; Ability to work on a virtual team, in particular, and juggle multiple projects at once while proactively communicating with all in a virtual environment; Demonstrated reliability, flexibility and follow-up; Deep commitment to relationship building, team building and strategic action.
Please submit a resume, well thought out cover letter and a list of 3 references, including their contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Application for Donor Organizing Consultant in Subject Line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.