About United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey (UWGPSNJ):
UWGPSNJ’s mission is to harness, leverage and strategically invest the collective power of donors, advocates and volunteers, to drive measurable results that improve the lives of people in our region. UWGPSNJ takes a holistic approach to improve Education, Financial Stability and Health and we make sure people can meet their most basic needs – food, shelter and safety. Our Impact Fund changes lives and strengthens communities – one child, one adult and one family at a time.
The Director of Stewardship and Development Communications directs the stewardship and development communications efforts for the Resource Development Department, creating processes and providing tools that enable relationship management and fundraising success.
Essential functions and core responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Direct the process, procedures, and tools that enable and encourage best practices and consistency in acknowledgement, recognition, and reporting for the Annual Campaign, 100th Anniversary Campaign, and endowment fundraising.
• Enhance current and/or develop new tools as needed to support annual and strategic fundraising initiatives, including 100th Anniversary Campaign.
• Produce the organizational stewardship report, create customized stewardship plans and reports for major donors that can be replicated by staff for other donors and draft specialized stewardship plans for select donors.
• Work cross-functionally to ensure the quality of donor interactions, including all potential touchpoints.
Development Communications (25%)
• Oversee the creation and production of all department-wide donor communications, including annual and endowment campaign materials, solicitation and acknowledgement letters and mass communications, including e-communications.
• Work cross-functionally to execute effective targeted communications plans aligned with prioritized donor segments and organizational strategies. Serve as a primary writer for donor messaging.
• Assist the Communications Department with the development of timely and inspirational campaign materials and proactive and comprehensive donor recognition in order to advance fundraising and insure more year-round interactions with donors.
Information and Relationship Management (25%)
• Direct the prospect management system and tools for specific, prioritized prospect segments, working closely with Major Gifts, Development Services, and IT, to enable strategic cultivation of relationships.
• Provide consultation and communications support for volunteer recruitment, relationship management, and stewardship.
• Specific role in planning for and executing volunteer leadership recruitment and stewardship for the 100th Anniversary Campaign is to be determined.
Leadership, Management, and Product Knowledge (20%)
• Provide supervision and guidance to Stewardship Manager, and potentially other staff.
• Demonstrate leadership by serving as a member of the Resource Development Leadership Team and actively contributing energy, ideas, and expertise in the department and organization activities, and share expertise and strengths with colleagues.
• Develop thorough knowledge of United Way’s mission and Impact initiative/programs.
Expected job qualifications and other knowledge, skills, and abilities include:
• Bachelors Degree in a relevant discipline or related experience is required.
• 5-7 Years of experience in development communications and stewardship, with at least three years of supervisory experience.
• Valid drivers license & insurance and/or reliable transportation required for out-of-office travel as necessary.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities include (in addition to UWGPSNJ Competency Framework):
• Strategic Thinking – understands the larger goals of RD and the organization and helps find ways to ensure that our acknowledgement, recognition, donor communications, and prospect management efforts fit/align
• Fundraising – understands concepts and the importance of specific responsibilities to a successful fundraising program; experience with fundraising processes and donor-centric relationship-based development activities
• People Management – hire, develop, manage and motivate talented staff; empower staff and drive accountability to ensure success
• Change Management – work through ambiguity and transformation and help lead the development and execution of new initiatives and change
• Communication/Interpersonal Skills – Superb writing and editing skills. Communicate clearly, both oral and written; develop effective relationships; can influence others.
• Collaboration – work closely with colleagues, most specifically in RD and Communications, to ensure timely, efficient, and donor-centric stewardship and communications
• Planning/Organization – proactively plan and prioritize work activities, coordinate multiple workflows; use time efficiently
• Process Management – establish logical, efficient work flows and action plans in support of specific objectives
• Problem Solving – gather and analyze information skillfully; identify and resolve problems effectively
• Technology/Data – proficient in basic Microsoft Office applications; experienced and comfortable leveraging a complex relational database. Donor analytics experience preferred
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, to [email protected] and note: Director, Stewardship and Communications in the subject line.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with