This is a remote position. Individuals in all United States locations are encouraged to apply.
Are you a strategic leader looking for a meaningful role at the intersection of education practice, policy, and research? Are you excited by the prospect of being an integral part of a tight-knit, remotely-staffed, and innovative team?
The Mindset Scholars Network is looking for a Director of Strategic Outreach & Partnerships to create influential learning experiences, resources, and coalitions in the education sector related to mindset science. Reporting to our Executive Director, you will play a pivotal role in our collective efforts to bridge research, practice, and policy in the K-12 and higher ed landscapes.
The Director of Strategic Outreach & Partnerships will have the opportunity to design creative learning experiences for key audiences; cultivate relationships and strategic partnerships; and provide access to essential tools, knowledge, and resources in order to extend the impact of mindset science in education. Strong candidates can manage multiple projects at once and are committed to work that benefits students and educators and advances educational equity.
Working directly with preeminent social scientists and leaders in the education sector, MSN seeks to advance the scientific understanding of mindsets and motivation to improve student outcomes and expand educational opportunity. We invest in original interdisciplinary research, build capacity for high quality mindset scholarship, and disseminate the latest scientific knowledge to the education sector.
- Stay current on developments in relevant academic research and K-16 practice and policy trends
- Identify problems of practice in education that could benefit from the perspectives offered by mindset science
- Design a portfolio of outreach activities and partnerships that will position the MSN to achieve its impact goals
- Design, plan, and execute events that build the awareness and capacity of grass tops groups to integrate insights and innovations from mindset science into their work
- Create and deliver presentations that translate mindset science for grass tops audiences in the education sector
- Consult with education leaders and policymakers on mindset science and potential applications in their work; convey practice-relevant research questions back to the scientific community
- Design and create tools and resources for grass tops educational organizations
- Build familiarity with other organizations developing resources, platforms, and programs relevant to mindset science
- Build relationships with individuals and organizations in the education sector
- Cultivate a coalition of influential organizations and individual champions for MSN’s work and applying mindset science in K-16 education
- Initiate and manage strategic partnerships related to outreach with other organizations
- Manage staff working on MSN strategic outreach activities (MSN’s Program & Policy Associate)
- Work with staff to develop professional growth plans and provide learning opportunities
- Scope and manage contracted consultants working on MSN strategic outreach activities
Other duties: Perform other duties as assigned, including contributing to team meetings and retreats, and supporting the Executive Director on an as needed basis with grant writing and reporting
To read our long-form job description, click here: Long-Form Job Description
- Graduate degree or equivalent (e.g., Bachelor’s degree with at least five to seven years of experience) in the social sciences, education, or public policy fields
- At least five years’ experience working in the education sector, including experience building relationships with leaders in practice, policy, and the funder community
- Experience in developing and advancing external relations and/or strategic partnerships
- Experience synthesizing complex ideas from education research and translating that research for practice and policy audiences
- Experience designing and facilitating effective adult learning experiences
- Demonstrated ability to strategically spearhead projects that are deadline driven and involve multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a small, highly motivated and fast-moving remote office / telecommuting environment with frequent change and innovation
- Culturally open-minded, flexible, and open to suggestions and opinions, with a passion for continued personal and team growth
- Ability to collaborate productively, while also managing completion of work tasks with minimal oversight
- Experience working remotely a plus
- Occasional travel for in-person meetings and conferences
- Ability to work remotely from anywhere in the United States
- Full health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with employer match
To apply, please submit both a 1-page resume and 1-page cover letter with your application, at https://mindsetscholars.janehires.com/Jobs/n_NbcYvYNE66dUScaCbCdw