Director of Philanthropy, Seattle/Pacific Northwest Region
KEES has been exclusively retained by Heifer International in its search for a new Director of Philanthropy, Seattle/Pacific Northwest Region.
Heifer International is seeking a phenomenal major gift fundraiser to serve in the role of Director of Philanthropy, serving donors in the Greater Seattle area and Pacific Northwest region (Montana, Wyoming and Idaho). The Director of Philanthropy works to cultivate, solicit, steward, and retain a qualified portfolio of donors and prospects with the capacity to give six and seven figure leadership level gifts. The successful candidate will have a strong commitment to personal and team excellence and the ability to work cooperatively and diplomatically with a culturally diverse group of people.
Specific Requirements Include:
- Provide leadership and direction for a portfolio of up to 150 major gift donors and additional prospects with the capacity to give five, six, and seven figure gifts, with the goal of increasing funds raised by 10% in year one.
- Ensure that a solid stewardship and acknowledgment process is in place and effective, seeking to meet at least 50% of the donors in person in the first year.
- Build and continually enhance an effective donor base and pipeline, including prospect identification, solicitation and stewardship processes. Ensure donors are assigned to the appropriate staff or volunteer solicitor.
- A minimum of five years of progressive experience in fundraising with an emphasis on major gifts. Demonstrated ability in building a robust pipeline of qualified donors through effective research and cultivation strategies.
- Proven fundraising skills, including major donor development with experience in proactive donor cultivation and tailored asks based on donor interests. Ability to prospect, cultivate and acquire donations from high net worth individuals.
- Knowledge of and experience with raising funds within the philanthropic culture of the assigned region.
- Willingness and capability to work effectively from a home office, as well as travel frequently both within the region and, on occasion, nationally and internationally.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
PLEASE CLICK HERE: http://bit.ly/HI-DOP-PNR
This position offers a competitive salary with strong benefits. The candidate must reside in the Greater Seattle area. This position will work remotely from a home office and travel frequently both within their region and, on occasion, nationally and internationally.
Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
To assure confidential tracking of all applicants, no applications will be accepted via email. ALL INQUIRIES WILL BE HELD IN STRICT CONFIDENCE.
This search is being managed by Heather Eddy, President & CEO, and Megan DeVoe, Project Manager of KEES. Questions may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
KEES is a retained executive search and consulting firm that builds transformative teams and leaders. Founded in 2013 as an expansion of Alford Executive Search, KEES partners specifically with nonprofit organizations to provide an array of search, leadership, interim staffing and human resources support. For more information, please visit www.kees2success.com.
Heifer International works in 25 countries to attain sustainable livelihoods through community-owned interventions and has provided more than 32 million families with the tools and training to lift themselves from poverty. By organizing their work into large-scale programs consisting of strategic initiatives that aim to meet the long-term needs of communities in many parts of the globe, Heifer creates deeper impact in the lives of their project partners by improving access to income, education, sanitation, water sources, health care and infrastructure. For more information please visit https://www.heifer.org.