The Community Foundation of Western Massachusetts is seeking a full time, mid-level Director of Philanthropic Engagement to join their Philanthropic Services division. The Director will build an engagement program through which CFWM fundholders and donors can learn about community needs and the programs meetings those needs, develop skills related to charitable giving, connect with other fundholders/donors, and participate in co-investment and pooled giving opportunities. The Director has strong customer service and event planning expertise and is dedicated to providing support and value to fundholders and donors!
- Work with CFWM’s Philanthropic Services team to identify fundholder/donor engagement-related interests and needs
- Work with CFWM’s Program/Scholarship team to identify opportunities for engagement and co-investment within our current and planned grantmaking work
- Develop a programming plan that addresses fundholder/donor interests and promotes impactful community philanthropy
- Develop and implement a fundholder communications plan in coordination with CFWM’s Communications Department
- Work with the Philanthropic Services team to create and oversee a “moves management” plan with strategies to identify, engage, and maintain relationships with major fundholders/donors and prospects
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 5+ years of progressive experience in a philanthropic leadership role and direct experience with donor relations, alumni relations, or account management. An understanding of fundraising strategies is preferred.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills with experience in public speaking
- Exceptional project management, budgeting skills, and experience in event planning
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to build strategic, mutually beneficial relationships
- Ability to manage customer expectations and to translate customer needs and expectations within the organization
- Experience with standard software programs, fundraising databases, and database reporting systems
- Volunteer management experience strongly desired
For immediate consideration, please email resume & cover letter to search firm United Personnel, attn: Abbie at [email protected] unitedpersonnel.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Job Type: Full-time
- Donor Relations: 5 years
- Fundraising: 5 years
- Account Management: 5 years