BAYC is seeking a Director of Mental Health Services, responsible for ensuring the quality of comprehensive, individualized, strengths-based, trauma-informed and culturally responsive clinical services provided to youth across BAYC mental health programs. The Director of Mental Health Services oversees the clinical team (inclusive of Clinical Supervisors and masters level Youth Development Clinicians (YDCs)). The Director of Mental Health Services will exhibit competencies in training, forming and maintaining strong working alliances, cultural humility, and trauma-informed care. The Director of Mental Services should have experience with and passion for working with BAYC’s population and be able to support case conceptualization, enhance theoretical underpinnings of clinical work, and promote quality service delivery to the youth. The Director of Mental Health Services is a part of the BAYC Leadership Team.
Duties and responsibilities of this position include:
- Ensure that services are provided in line with the needs of the population, best practices, and BAYC’s service philosophy and clinical orientation
- Hire, train, and supervise Clinical Supervisors and masters level clinicians; develop and conduct clinical trainings
- Ensure accountability in all areas regarding clinician performance and service quality
- Manage revenue generation, staffing and operating expenses to achieve budget goals
- Oversee BAYC’s clinical team in maintaining documentation in line with Alameda County Medi-Cal and agency standards
- Serve as BAYC’s representative with external stakeholders about clinical program development, program outreach, and service delivery
- Possession of current California license as an LCSW or LMFT for at least 2 years and ability to provide clinical supervision.
- Five years’ Post-graduate experience working with adolescents, including current and/or former foster youth.
- California Department of Justice and FBI fingerprint clearance.
- Must have a dependable car, valid driver’s license, and proof of insurance.
- Insurable by SHS/BAYC’s automobile policy.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to
Be the first to comment
Sign in with