MD Anderson Cancer Center, ranked as the nation’s top hospital for cancer care, has an exciting new opportunity for a Director of Healthy Communities Initiatives. This position is based in Houston, Texas.
In this newly created role, the Director will plan, direct and implement Healthy Communities Initiatives to assist communities in the implementation of multi-level, multi-sector policy, education, and services to promote primary and secondary prevention of cancer, ultimately reducing the morbidity and mortality attributable to cancer in those communities.
- Strategically develop and implement high impact initiatives and projects to sustainably advance the near-, mid- and long-term goals of the Healthy Communities Initiatives, engaging in design, monitoring and outcome reporting at all stages of an initiative/project lifecycle (concept, assessment, product development, pilot, implementation, dissemination and evaluation).
- Maintain the Healthy Communities Initiatives plan, revising the plan periodically and reporting progress towards plan goals to multiple stakeholder groups, including institution senior leadership, funders and collaborators. Develop plan evaluation metrics and methods and use these to monitor and report progress.
- Maintain individual Healthy Communities Initiatives initiative/project timelines with regard to milestones and deliverables. Identify initiatives/projects at risk and take corrective action.
- Identify and develop resource needs for the Healthy Communities Initiatives strategies and actions, creatively sourcing resources directly and through partnerships with others who share Healthy Communities Initiatives goals.
- Identify and develop strategic partnerships and cultivate relationships with key stakeholders in cancer (and chronic disease) prevention and control, including policymakers, community leaders, elected officials and senior leaders in corporations, and not-for-profit and funder organizations to advance Healthy Communities Initiatives goals.
- Conceptualize and direct the publicizing and promotion of Healthy Communities Initiatives activities and accomplishments; direct and oversee strategic and tactical Healthy Communities Initiatives messaging and communications.
- Recruit and supervise the work of Healthy Communities Initiatives staff and contractors.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required: Master’s degree in Public Health or related degree
Required: Seven (7) years of work experience in public health program management to include healthy communities initiatives, cancer prevention and control, public policy, media, and related fields. Credible with public health leaders at state and national levels.
Proven track record of designing, implementing and evaluating community and public health initiatives and projects that result in a measureable change, including programs targeting children, youth and young adults.
Experience in developing resources for healthy community programs directly through philanthropic and grant-making organizations and with partners. Experience leading, engaging and supervising a dispersed team of staff and consultants.
Contact Stacy Butler, Director of Recruitment
Be the first to comment
Sign in with