Director of Finance
Splash is a nonprofit organization that delivers water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH), solutions for children living in urban poverty. Founded in 2007, Splash serves nearly 600,000 children daily across eight countries in Asia and Africa.
Customized for each country and project site, Splash installs water filtration systems, increases water storage, provides drinking and hand washing stations, conducts hygiene education by training teachers and facilitating student hygiene clubs, and rehabilitates or constructs new sanitation facilities. The long-term goal of every project is to transition the responsibility of ensuring clean water to local businesses and governments. Splash’s ultimate goal is for NGOs and governments to replicate their model to new cities and countries.
Splash is 501C-3 and has recently launched a for profit social enterprise LLC bringing some of their proven tools to market.
The Director of Finance reports to the Executive Director, leads a direct team of three including a Manager of FP&A, Controller, and Accountant, and oversees finance teams in Addis Ababa and Kolkata. The position is based at Splash headquarters in Seattle and will require some international and domestic travel.
Key Priorities and Responsibilities
Financial Planning & Management
- Define the organization’s financial strategy, build accurate revenue forecasts, and build and lead annual budget processes and forecasts
- Support business planning, manage cash flow, and lead and manage the annual external audit
Business Operations and Systems
- Serve as a thought partner to the leadership team on pricing and consistency on all projects
- Develop systems and processes for management reports and accounts
- Lead a successful final configuration and implementation of new finance system-Acumatica
- Collaborate with cross functional leadership team and the two country offices to coach and educate all staff about the finance function and ensure all practices are consistent
- Develop cadence of team meetings and develop the capacity of the global finance team
Splash is seeking an entrepreneurial Director of Finance who is comfortable shifting between strategic leadership and hands-on execution. A natural leader, facilitator and thought partner with the Leadership team, the Director of Finance will develop and support new ideas and play an active role in determining what is possible for the organization.
Candidates should be driven by a genuine appreciation for Splash’s mission to provide clean water for children and its cutting-edge approach to achieving this at scale. The Director of Finance will be a key leader in actualizing concepts, implementing programmatic work, and building the business cases for local businesses and governments who partner with Splash.
Splash is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply. Please go to https://waldronhr.com/searches/splash to submit your resume and a cover letter that expresses your passion for the mission and fit for the role. The search for a Director of Finance is being assisted by a team from Waldron.