ClimateWorks Foundation is seeking an experienced, professional, and hands-on Director of Finance and Grants Management who will be responsible for the day-to-day leadership of the organization's contract and grants management in a dynamic, collaborative, and mission-based environment. The ideal candidate will have financial management experience in a grant-making (preferably international grantmaking) organization and will be responsible for coordinating closely across the organization to ensure smooth and timely contract and grant processing, monitoring spending on grants budgets, and ensuring compliance with funder requirements and applicable laws.
The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, adept at managing priorities and deadlines, and will have demonstrated success in leading a team. The Director of Finance and Grants Management will supervise two staff and will report to the Chief Financial Officer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Director of Finance and Grants Management will perform the following and other duties as assigned:
Contracts and Grants Management (75%)
- Supervise the day-to-day operations of contracts and grants administration.
- Oversee and seek to improve the process and workflow by which grants and contracts are made, collaborating across the organization to ensure smooth and timely contract and grant processing. Provide timely and relevant data to promote learning and catalyze improvements.
- Oversee approval of grantee proposals, compliance review, processing award letters, and grant reporting, all within the context of compliance with applicable laws and ensuring grantmaking best practices. Perform final compliance review on grants as applicable.
- Oversee review of grantee budgets and financial information, providing appropriate risk mitigation recommendations as necessary to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Develop and enhance systems for contracts and grants administration, using technology wherever possible to streamline operations.
- Develop and enhance systems and processes to ensure further diversification of ClimateWorks’ overall network of grantees and contractors.
- Oversee approval of independent contractor and professional service contracts, including review of contract terms and conditions and compliance with applicable laws.
- Oversee monthly grant spending forecasts and reporting.
- Work with Controller to ensure appropriate internal controls are maintained for all contracts and grants management functions.
Financial Planning and Analysis (25%)
- Manage budgeting process for programmatic initiatives.
- Manage process for producing grant budgets for funding proposals and ensure proposals align with ClimateWorks’ pricing policy.
- Perform financial analysis and maintain financial models to support business decisions.
- Assist in organizational budgeting, forecasting, and planning processes.
- Assist in review of financial reports due on grants to funders.
- Leverage strengths of the team members, help to clarify roles and responsibilities and professional development plans in order to maximize and reach optimal individual goals.
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization; create and promote a positive and supportive work environment.
The successful applicant will have the following minimum qualifications:
- 10+ years of experience required with a minimum of 5 years non-profit experience
- Knowledge of U.S. grantmaking practices
- Financial management experience in a grantmaking (preferably international grantmaking) organization
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or related field; MBA preferred
- Flexible nature and ability to work under pressure and manage shifting priorities under competing deadlines
- High attention to detail and strong organizational, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Strong interpersonal communications skills; ability to communicate policies and financial concepts to non-finance managers
- Excellent Excel skills
- Demonstrated success in managing a team
- Commitment and enthusiasm for the mission of the ClimateWorks Foundation
Compensation and Location
ClimateWorks offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience. This position will be located in San Francisco, CA.
ClimateWorks Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse candidate pool. The Foundation recognizes diversity as an asset essential to accomplishing its work and views diversity as encompassing differences in race and gender, as well as age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, job skills, education, and geographic location. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To be considered, please submit your resume and a cover letter expressing your passion for the mission and fit for the role. https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/a253f4528c284ebabcb0446eb3d59f4b
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in with