Be part of a small but dynamic development team at the NEA Foundation, a nonprofit that invests in public education to prepare students to thrive in a rapidly changing world. This is a perfect position for someone who shares our passion for ensuring America's children have access to high quality public education, seeks an opportunity for professional growth, and has the ability to create and implement new strategies for a maturing development program. With the recent launch of our 2016-2019 strategic plan, the NEA Foundation is undertaking new program initiatives centered on critical areas for student success, and the fundraising program is evolving to meet these needs.
We seek a Director of Development to help expand and diversify the Foundation's donor base and increase external support for the NEA Foundation's programs. S/he will assist in the development and implementation of the overall fundraising strategy, with specific emphasis on developing a focused major gift program, including building and deepening relationships with a portfolio of individual and institutional prospects/donors. We seek a candidate with:
- Five to seven years of experience in fundraising, including proven track record building and managing relationships with current and prospective donors that lead toward gift solicitation/closure. Understanding of planned giving a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in the ethics and motivations for giving, prospect research and cultivation practices, and standard fundraising techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills.
- Good organizational and project management skills, including ability to prioritize and meet deadlines. Discretion in handling confidential information.
- A professional and resourceful style. Willingness to take initiative and to work both independently and collaboratively with others across the organization.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Proficient in MS Office products and use of donor databases.
- High energy and enthusiasm for the NEA Foundation's mission.
The NEA Foundation offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and the opportunity to work with great colleagues who are dedicated to the NEA Foundation mission. To apply, please send a resume and cover letter, including salary requirements, to Meg Porta at [email protected]. For information on the NEA Foundation, visit www.neafoundation.org.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with