The Center for Enriched Living seeks a passionate philanthropic leader to serve as its next Director of Development, following the impending retirement of the current Director after 14 years. The role reports directly to CEL’s CEO, Harriet Levy.
The Director will lead a high functioning team responsible for effective management of a comprehensive philanthropy program and will concurrently manage a portfolio of high potential donors for cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship. The Director will drive the organization’s strategic philanthropy goals and provide overall vision to individual giving (including campaigns), events, grant development, corporate partnerships, development operations, and a broader philanthropic engagement strategy. Candidates who are passionate about the opportunity to positively impact the lives of people with developmental disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The Center for Enriched Living is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria.
Specific Requirements Include:
- A minimum of seven years of fundraising experience in roles demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility; three or more years of managing a multi-functional team.
- Proven ability to solicit and secure 6-figure gifts.
- Working knowledge of planned giving strategy and implementation.
- Experience working closely with an Executive Director/CEO and Board leadership, training and assisting leadership in managing major donor relationships.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships across a wide variety of individuals and groups.
- Demonstrated success leading strong and productive cross-functional work teams with a focus on mentoring and nurturing staff development.
- Career track record that shows stability with an organization and capacity to develop and nurture relationships culminating in overall success.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred.
PLEASE CLICK HERE: https://bit.ly/CEL-DOD
To assure confidential tracking of all applicants, no applications will be accepted via email. ALL INQUIRIES WILL BE HELD IN STRICT CONFIDENCE.
This search is being managed by Laura Weinman, Vice President of KEES. Questions may be addressed to [email protected].
KEES is a retained executive search and consulting firm that builds transformative teams and leaders. Founded in 2013 as an expansion of Alford Executive Search, KEES partners specifically with nonprofit organizations to provide an array of search, leadership, interim staffing, and human resources support. To learn more about KEES, please visit www.kees2success.com.
Since 1968, the Center for Enriched Living has ensured that people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (IDD) are included in the community, achieve personal success and enjoy a good quality of life. CEL became an independent agency in 1984 and now serves approximately 500 members annually within its 20,000 square foot facility in Riverwoods, IL. For more information about CEL, please visit www.CenterForEnrichedLiving.org.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with