The Attic is seeking to hire a full-time Director of Development to oversee its fundraising program and position the organization for further growth. In partnership with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors, the Director of Development will oversee strategies to raise funds from individuals, foundations, corporations, and the government sector. The Attic currently operates with a 1.8-million-dollar budget.
The Director of Development will oversee the development department of The Attic, which includes:
- Planning and Strategy
- Donor Relations
- Grant Writing and Grants Management
- Event Planning
- Marketing and Communications
- Information Management
- Staff Management
- Board of Directors
- Community Relations
- Bachelors degree or higher and Minimum 5+ years of relevant experience in a nonprofit fundraising environment, including at least 3 years of previous grant writing experience. Familiarity with regional and local funders a plus.
- Proven track record of cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding major individual and institutional donors in traditional and creative ways.
- Strong staff and program management skills.
- Excellent writer and communicator- ability to make The Attic’s work come alive through written materials, stories, and talking points. Please include a writing sample of a grant or appeal letter.
- Excellent interpersonal and team-building skills; relationship-builder
- Strategic thinker
- Ability to plan effectively, meet all deadlines, and coordinate the involvement of others.
- Ability to maintain high standards of ethics, integrity, and professionalism, including dealing with sensitive donor information
- Knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency with donor management databases (The Attic currently uses Salesforce)
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Passionate about The Attic’s mission to create opportunities for LGBTQ youth
- Dedicated commitment to youth development and social justice
- A strong and demonstrated commitment to racial equity
If interested, please send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample as a PDF to [email protected] with "Director of Development" in the subject line of the email.
Only prospective candidates will be contacted. Please do not call with inquiries.
The Attic Youth Center recognizes the necessity of maintaining a network of staff, board members, interns, and volunteers that is reflective of and accountable to the communities that we serve. People who are commonly marginalized in society — including people of diverse sexual orientations, transgender and gender non-conforming people, people of color, women, intersex people, and people of diverse abilities, national origins, ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, and spiritual experiences — are valued contributors to the life of the agency and are encouraged to apply for the open position.