SUPERVISOR: AVP of Corporate Partnerships
The Director of Corporate Partnerships will work with the AVP of Corporate Partnerships to develop and execute a comprehensive corporate development strategy for NWS ensuring that corporate revenue goals are met or exceeded (the 2018-19 season goal is $1.1 million). The Director will be responsible for developing and stewarding a growing portfolio of corporate partner relationships, both cash and in-kind.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Actively contribute to the Development team by participating in team meetings and activities, positively contributing to dialogue and nurturing a team-oriented environment
- Identify and solicit new corporate sponsors with an aim to build and independently manage a portfolio with a $750K value by year three ($250K in year 1; $500K year 2; $750K year 3)
- Work with AVP and SMM (Sponsorship Marketing Manager) to standardize corporate benefits and recognition opportunities in the $2,500 to $25K range
- Manage in-kind corporate partnerships, including verifying the type and amount of donation and documenting in database; establishing an efficient system of reporting; working with development and marketing colleagues to ensure sponsors are correctly recognized in relevant collateral; acknowledging contributions; and providing quarterly reports to the AVP
- Work with the SMM to develop and present impactful and persuasive sponsorship decks, proposals and other communications
- Work with the SMM to provide professional, timely, and relevant reports to all corporate partners on an annual and as-needed basis
- Acknowledge corporate sponsors in writing in a timely manner
- Maintain current and detailed corporate partner records in donor database
- Provide consistent and responsive service to all corporate partners to ensure departmental goal of 85% retention is reached
- Act as a point of contact for corporate sponsors for marketing activation events including managing on-site event logistics, working with sponsor marketing teams to ensure maximum ROI and developing and executing internal/external communication plans
- Assist the AVP with managing NWS’s Corporate Committee
- Attend concerts, post-concert receptions, NWS events and corporate partner events
- Serve as an ambassador for NWS in the community; attend networking, corporate and community events
- Bachelor’s degree (business, marketing or related field preferred)
- Five or more years of experience in non-profit development, sales or sponsorship preferred
- Event management and logistics experience preferred
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communications skills with the ability to make dynamic presentations
- Outstanding customer service ethic
- Strong planning skills, including the ability to anticipate tasks, set priorities, meet deadlines and function smoothly under strict deadlines and shifting priorities
- High-level computer literacy skills. Experience with donor databases (ideally Tessitura) a plus
- Strong team player who also works well independently
- The capacity to develop and maintain positive and productive relationships with donors, volunteers, Trustees, and colleagues
- Commitment to NWS mission
- Personable, organized, flexible, detail oriented and creative thinker
- Knowledge of classical music a plus
- Evenings and weekends required
Competitive extensive benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability and life insurance; paid time off; employer-matched 401k plan; parking privileges.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com by October 15, 2018.
Note: This document describes typical duties and responsibilities and is not intended to limit
management from assigning other work as needed.