In conjunction with the Vice President, Development & Fundraising and the strategic direction of the Foundation, the Director of Corporate Engagement’s overall objective and responsibility is to provide strategic leadership and growth to the Foundation’s signature events, research and education projects, advocacy and government relations ventures and to bring creative ideas to enhance and develop new revenue streams.
As a member of the Development & Fundraising team, the position is responsible for leading and managing all aspects of non-vested Corporate Giving. The position is responsible for growing the corporate donor base through cultivation of new corporate sponsorships and corporate responsibility programs, cause-marketing relationships, retail sales program, grants development, creation of corporate alliances and development of relationships with grant-makers aligned with the Lupus Foundation of America’s mission and strategic direction. The position will stay on top of market trends, write proposals, build and maintain relationships with corporate partners, create compelling stewardship and fulfillment collateral and ensure appropriate visibility for the Foundation and its partners in advancing the mission of the organization. The Director will work closely with the CEO, VP of Development & Fundraising, and other staff and leadership volunteers in support of building a donor centric organizational culture through corporate giving.
Roles and responsibilities of the Director of Corporate Engagement include, but are not limited to:
- Develops and oversees the implementation of an annual Corporate Giving program, inclusive of corporate sponsorships and corporate responsibility programs (corporate teams), cause-marketing relationships, retail sales promotions, grants development and creation of corporate alliances to support these activities
- Oversees and coordinates the qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of corporate partners, teams and alliances
- Works closely with Development Team to develop corporate opportunities to support the National Walk to End Lupus Now campaigns and Evening of Hope Gala programs.
- Experience managing multiple sponsorship partners from solicitation to implementation for national programs
- Demonstrated ability to develop and address strategic priorities. Attention to detail and ability to organize and manage diverse activities, set priorities, and remain flexible under pressure
- Identification of opportunities for local and national corporate, volunteer and revenue support through participation in prospecting, recruitment, committee development, training, and evaluation to elevate and maximize revenue impact
- Employs best practices in corporate alliance management and grant seeking functions, and leverages Board and staff spheres of influence in the qualification, cultivation, solicitation and steward of corporate and foundation relationships
- Ensures organizational compliance with ethical practices in fund solicitation as defined by the Association for Fundraising Professionals (AFP) and the Better Business Bureau Wise Giving Alliance
- Work with VP of Development & finance to manage income and expenses associated with corporate giving budget and to develop comprehensive financial records and regular evaluations to revenue targets are achieved
- Maintains a working knowledge of the Lupus Foundation of America’s key initiatives that drives the support of the mission. Works across the organization to ensure Foundation mission is integrated throughout fundraising activities to ensure results are directly tied to volunteer engagement
- Perform other development-related duties as assigned by the VP for Development
- An experienced fund-raising professional with a minimum 5-7 years of experience in successfully building and implementing corporate sponsorship, corporate responsibility, cause marketing, retail sales promotions and grants development at a national voluntary healthcare nonprofit
- Experience in developing effective cause-marketing and retail sales relationships with corporate partners
- Demonstrated success in developing and presenting winning corporate proposals and grants of $50,000 or greater with ease in face to face solicitation
- Proven effectiveness in engaging volunteer and staff leadership in the fundraising enterprise
- Ability to establish strong, collaborative relationships and the adaptability to work with a variety of personalities and leadership styles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt interpersonal and communication style to interact effectively with a wide variety of people
- Proven ability to work well in a fast paced and team-based environment
- Self-starter and able to work independently and under pressure while managing multiple priorities, projects and deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with high-level attention to detail
- High functioning with computer software and applications with a high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, Blackbaud’s LCRM, Luminate Online, Teamraiser and Salesforce
- Able to make, follow through and document accountability for short and long term plans
- Able to work effectively with colleagues throughout the organization as well as external customers and vendors
- Available for weekend and evening work
- Ability to lift 35+ pounds
- Willingness to travel 35-50% of time
- Minimum – Bachelor’s degree
Interested and qualified candidates, please forward a cover letter, including salary requirements, and a resume to: [email protected] with "Corporate Engagement" in the subject line. No telephone calls please. Principals only. AA/EOE.