LCV believes our earth is worth fighting for because everyone has a right to clean air, water, and a safe, healthy community. To ensure those rights are protected, we help people use their power to shape policy, hold politicians and polluters accountable, and influence elections.
Our over 2 million members, our volunteers and staff, and our more than 30 state affiliates (together, the Conservation Voter Movement) work for a more just and equitable democracy, where people—not polluters—determine our future. This movement is an influential national network with unparalleled influence in Washington, DC, in state capitals, and in communities around the country. We are unmatched in our ability to ensure meaningful action on our key issues. We aim to bring people and communities together across racial, geographic, political, religious, economic and other differences toward collective goals instead of dividing us from one another.
The Director of Cause Marketing will be responsible for growing our membership affinity program, recruiting and cultivating corporate partners and overseeing the LCV Shop. Our corporate affinity program is an area of significant growth for LCV and provides opportunities to deepen our racial justice and equity values. We are looking for a candidate who can take the program to the next level by integrating member affinity programs into our team’s culture and in terms of revenue and member benefits. In addition, LCV Shop, our flagship store and branding site is creating significant buzz in the online community. The LCV Shop’s mission is to raise support for LCV’s work, raise awareness around LCV’s priorities, and create value for LCV’s supporters. We are looking for a candidate who will be a creative thinker with the ability to identify and pursue new opportunities, build lasting relationships with the conscious business community, and develop a long-term strategy for both programs to reach their full potential. This role will be responsible for an initial revenue goal of generating mid-six figures for the program in 2020.
- Directs all aspects of LCV’s corporate affinity programs, including working with our current roster of solar, clean energy, credit card and bank partnerships.
- Directs the expansion of LCV’s corporate affinity partnerships by seeking out new companies and partners that share LCV’s vision for climate action and racial justice while building an equitable growth plan.
- Incorporates LCV’s Racial Justice and Equity goals into the affinity programs’ plan and metrics — including working with affinity partners and vendors owned by or serving communities of color.
- Researches how other organizations develop corporate partnerships, including building relationships with companies that benefit and are owned by communities of color, LGBTQ+ identifying communities, immigrant communities and women, and works with the SVP for Membership & Online Engagement to maximize revenue.
- Ensures that all communications related to cause marketing and LCV Shop follows LCV’s Racial Justice and Equity language guidelines.
- Develops and implements the strategy and marketing for LCV Shop.
- Works with the Associate Member Programs Manager to design an email calendar that maximizes messaging for both affinity marketing and LCV Shop.
- Develops quarterly metrics for both LCV’s affinity program and LCV Shop.
- Develops a long-term strategy to strengthen LCV’s relationship with its members to enhance the membership experience and our supporters’ affinity toward LCV’s mission, working to create an equitable and meaningful relationship with all members.
- Designs a member benefit program that leverages corporate partnerships and LCV’s unique positioning to create a suite of benefits for LCV members, including opportunities for exclusive discounts and service. This will result in stronger brand awareness between LCV and our members.
- Required - At least 5-7 years of experience in cause marketing, corporate/cause partnerships, account management, and/or corporate branding/marketing, including 3-5 years of directly supervising employees. Proven ability to generate significant revenue well into the six figures. Experience drafting email copy with fundraising and marketing goals. Experience with integrated marketing programs (digital/social media, PR, store, marketing collateral, etc.) targeted to different consumers and audiences. Past record of customer, member or donor facing experience. Must be committed to racial justice and equity with a proven record of integrating racial justice and equity in previous positions. Experience drafting corporate partnership plans. Experience of working toward, and meeting, ambitious revenue goals and other performance indicators, as well as participating in financial projections, reporting, and scenario planning.
- Preferred - Experience in developing new projects and/or corporate social responsibility trends and practices. A mix of corporate and nonprofit marketing experience. Track record of finding, researching, and executing corporate partnerships. Track record of successfully managing, mentoring, and coaching staff to help them reach their institutional and professional goals. Experience pitching and/or presenting to corporate partners.
- Required - Excellent written and oral communication skills. Creative thinker with ability to identify and pursue new opportunities. Ability to build relationships with individuals with diverse personalities and work styles and at different levels of seniority. Ability to develop and execute an account plan including goals, metrics, strategy, and tactics. Ability to effectively lead internal and external meetings. Thrives in a fast-paced environment and can prioritize while working under multiple deadlines. Excellent problem solving skills; ability to effectively collect, analyze, organize, distill and present information. Excellent negotiation skills, able to build consensus and find creative solutions. Ability to speak on the record with press/reporters.
- Preferred - Ability to work with a variety of CRMs/communication platforms (Salesforce, Shopify, Acoustic, BSA tools, Shopify, Phone2Action). Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Tools.
- Cultural Competence: Demonstrated awareness of one’s own cultural identity, views about difference, and the ability to learn and build on varying cultural and community norms. Commitment to equity and inclusion as organizational practice and culture. Understands how environmental issues intersect with racism, economic and social inequality in the U.S. and has a passion for working to dismantle these systems.
- Conditions: This position is based in Washington, DC.
Send cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “Director of Cause Marketing” in the subject line by January 1, 2020. No phone calls please.
LCV is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a racially just, equitable and inclusive workplace.