Give2Asia is a recognized leader in philanthropic services that improve lives for millions of people. We provide international donors and philanthropic institutions with a trusted platform to support and partner with local, charitable groups in 25 Asian countries.
Give2Asia is seeking a talented and aggressive business development professional to lead our efforts partnering with corporate, families, and individual donors in the Bay Area and in other key markets. This person will join our team of 12 people in San Francisco to build donor relationships in San Francisco and Silicon Valley, helping clients leverage Give2Asia’s world-class services to further their philanthropic and social investment goals in the Asia-Pacific region.
SUMMARY OF JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES
The Director of Business Development will be dedicated to ensuring that existing and emerging donor communities are engaged as they plan for and carry out funding for charitable programs in one or multiple Asian countries. This person will be supported by the efforts of Give2Asia’s program management team, and will work in partnership with the President & CEO and the Board of Directors for business development efforts. In the first three months, the person will work closely with the President & CEO to develop a three-year outreach plan for Give2Asia’s work with corporations, as well as Bay Area families and individual donors. The Director of Business Development will then demonstrate an ability to achieve success with that plan to expand Give2Asia’s engagement with donors.
Give2Asia has built a reputation of trust that is based on an existing network of thousands of vetted grant recipients and passionate donors. The successful candidate will be able to build new relationships and tap new and existing partnership networks for Give2Asia while continuing to meet donor expectations of trust and excellence.
Reports To: President & CEO, Give2Asia
Works closely and in partnership with Give2Asia’s program and finance staff and the President & CEO to meet business development goals. Responsible for outreach to new client prospects including events, one-to-one outreach, and other opportunities to cultivate relationships. Manages the development associates work with the website, social media and content development. Supported by the development associate, sets expectations with all staff to develop content and resources that aligns with business development. Coordinates with the finance team to ensure proper budget management and for the establishment of new donor accounts. Leverages the President & CEO and the board of directors as a resource to build new donor relationships.
Is a visible representative of the organization, representing Give2Asia at public events, business meetings and other external settings that may involve donors, partners, prospective clients, grantees, and other constituents.
Minimum 5 years of professional experience, with significant business development and sales experience in nonprofit, social investment, and/or financial sectors. The Director of Business Development will be creative and entrepreneurial with the following experience and qualifications, or their equivalent:
- Committed to and enthusiastic about the mission, services and impact of Give2Asia, and able to engage others to join as partners and clients of Give2Asia; an abiding interest in building a platform for effective philanthropy in Asia;
- Proven sales and/or business development experience including plan development, sales and/or fundraising experience; personal and successful experience interacting with donors/clients, boards, and internal teams;
- Knowledge of and personal experience with philanthropic and nonprofit organizations working in the USA and Asia preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in diverse cultural settings;
- Prior experience as a manager in a client service role; a career trajectory that includes nonprofit, wealth management and/or consulting practice management or related experience;
- Outstanding communications skills; a history of communicating effectively and persuasively in both large and small groups; excellent writing and public speaking skills for both formal and extemporaneous presentations;
- Demonstrated success expanding sales and/or client engagements in past roles, including engagements with corporate and individual clients;
- Ability to effectively direct marketing activities to support business development.
- Expanding Give2Asia’s base of donors: The Director of Business Development will lead outreach to corporations, families and individuals, leveraging existing and creating new partnerships with wealth managers, community foundations, commercial DAFs and nonprofit groups. This person will, develop and present proposals and contracts as a result of new donor cultivation.
- Developing, refining, expanding and integrating all marketing, business development and sales process, procedures, policies and systems into cohesive and effective program.
- Contributing to overall growth goals of Give2Asia: Support ing the President & CEO’s goal of doubling Give2Asia’s business both in terms of fee generation and program investments during the next three years.
- Guiding donor stewardship activities: Donor stewardship is an important focus for overall business development.The Director of Business Development will work closely with Program Officers to structure donor stewardship act ivit ies that enable expansion of exist ing donor relationships, and strengthen the reputation of our service delivery.
- Identification of new donor services: The Director of Business Development will identify and qualify revenue generating partnerships.This person will be an active contributor and generator of new service ideas, and support the overall organizat ional planning for the launch and delivery of new services for families and individuals.
- External representation: The Director of Business Development will represent Give2Asia, lead meetings and make presentat ions at philanthropic, industry and client events.
Compensation: $85,000 plus benefits.
Candidates can send their applications to [email protected].
Be the first to comment
Sign in with