Gonzaga College High School has an immediate opening for an experienced, forward-thinking, and team-oriented Director of Advancement Operations.
A Catholic, Jesuit, college preparatory school founded in 1821 and located in the heart of the nation’s capital, Gonzaga offers a challenging college preparatory curriculum for approximately 950 young men in grades nine through twelve. Rigorous academics, diverse extracurricular activities and sports, and retreats and Christian service in the Jesuit tradition are the hallmarks of a Gonzaga education.
The Director of Advancement Operations oversees critical elements of the fundraising efforts of the school, including leading and coordinating the team responsible for the annual giving program, alumni relations and engagement, strategic events, donor recognition and stewardship, and fundraising data strategy and utilization. The position also is responsible for managing a portfolio of key members of the community capable of leadership gifts in support of the school’s annual or campaign efforts.
- The annual giving effort at Gonzaga generates in excess of $3.5 million a year in critical operating funds. In order to sustain and grow that level of support, the Director develops and executes the annual giving strategy – including overseeing database segmentation and targeting strategy, donor research, utilization of giving platforms, volunteer engagement and overall marketing and outreach efforts;
- In close collaboration with the Marketing & Communications Department, develop fundraising marketing materials and collateral that actively educate key constituencies on the importance and impact of giving to Gonzaga and maximizes their support;
- Support the development of a robust core of alumni volunteers who promote communication, engagement, connection and giving at the individual class level;
- Support the execution of strategic events and volunteer engagement that promote cohesion, goodwill and support from alumni, parents, major donors and other key members of the community;
- Develop communications, recognition and outreach strategies that enhance existing relationships and re-engage past donors, while building new relationships, systems, and programs that further tap into the generosity and resources of the Gonzaga community;
- Supervise and nurture the contributions and creativity of staff in the areas of alumni relations, events and database management;
- Maintain a highly collaborative relationship with the President, members of the Board of Trustees, and other development staff in major gift roles, supporting and advising them in all their fundraising efforts and responsibilities, including accompanying them on donor visits when appropriate;
- Manage a portfolio of major gift prospects capable of significant campaign or annual support for the school.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree a plus;
- 7-10 years of experience direct fundraising in a nonprofit and/or education setting;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with all the school’s constituents, including staff across different departments, volunteers and donors;
- Excellent analytic and data utilization skills, including the ability to segment and prioritize prospective donor groups for tailored outreach and marketing from within the school’s database. Experience in Blackbaud systems; fundraising platforms such as Raiser’s Edge, GiveCampus, HEP Data and others; and Excel (including pivot tables) a significant plus;
- Experience in volunteer management, fundraising events, and campaigns a plus;
- Superb verbal and written communication skills, including proposal writing experience and the ability to convey fundraising priorities in ways that motivate donors;
- Desire to continuously improve processes, systems and outcomes;
- Sense of humor, collaboration, creativity, and willingness to pitch in wherever needed to help achieve team goals;
- Passion for the mission of Gonzaga as a Jesuit, Catholic educational institution, and for tapping into the generosity of our community in support of that mission.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with