Energy Foundation’s (EF) mission is to promote the transition to a sustainable energy future by advancing energy efficiency and renewable energy. EF is committed to building a healthy, clean energy future that benefits everyone by supporting non-partisan policy solutions that create robust, competitive markets, clean energy jobs, and dramatically less pollution, particularly for the nation’s most vulnerable communities.
We are a complex, multi-site, multicultural nonprofit organization with big plans for the future. Now into the tenure of a new CEO, EF has embarked on a major strategy refresh, a prioritized commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI), and rapid geographic expansion.
Energy Foundation’s complexity and growth offers an experienced Human Resources generalist the opportunity to provide dynamic, thoughtful leadership and implement best-in-class HR practices.
The Senior Director, HR serves in close partnership with the Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI), playing an instrumental role in implementing HR practices that support EF’s DEI goals. This is a critical enabler role working across the entire organization that aligns people, policies, and practice to EF’s core mission and values. Particular emphasis should be placed on strategies to support remote staff, representing 25% of the workforce.
Key responsibilities include the entire HR lifecycle: recruiting, onboarding, and retention; talent development and coaching; diversity, equity, and inclusion; compensation and benefit.
The Ideal Candidate
- Thorough understanding of HR best practices and a track record of success leading HR efforts cross-functionally and culturally in a complex and growing environment
- Experience implementing DEI best practices across the HR lifecycle
- Strong communicator and collaborator who conveys expertise and empathy to staff, ensuring they feel heard and supported without judgement, while building clarity around processes and expectations
- Maintains high degree of integrity, confidentiality, sensitivity, respect, and good judgement
- Demonstrated capability establishing connection and engagement up, down, and across an organization with diverse cultures, workstyles, and needs
- Candidates should bring a minimum of 8-10 years of experience in progressively responsible, hands-on HR generalist roles.
- Ideal work experience includes HR leadership roles such as an HR business partner in a philanthropic, nonprofit, NGO, and/or related experience in social purpose companies, the private sector, or government. Certifications such as PHR, SPHR, GPHR, SHRM-CP, or SCP are valued.
Cover letters expressing your passion for the mission and fit for the role should be addressed to Melissa Merritt. Learn more about the position on Waldron’s website and submit your resume and cover letter on Waldron’s candidate portal.