Hispanics in Philanthropy (HIP) is a transnational network of grantmakers committed to strengthening Latino communities across the Americas. HIP connects and convenes funders, nonprofits, researchers, and other leaders to identify emerging needs among Latinos as well as best practices for responsive and effective funding of social change. HIP pioneers new philanthropic models by leading collaborative initiatives and has provided grants and training to help build the capacity of more than 600 organizations and leaders.
In April 2014, HIP launched HIPGive.org, a first of its kind bilingual crowdfunding platform and digital hub for Latino social impact and philanthropy in the Americas.
- Nonprofit organizations raise funds and gain unmatched visibility for their projects;
- Individuals have access to relevant content and trends that inform their decisions to make smart and safe donations to transnational causes, and
- Foundations and corporations have a space to show their support and multiply their impact in Latino communities.
Everything we do – from educating the sector to offering matching funds – is done with the aim of increasing the amount and frequency of investments that benefit Latinos.
Since April 2014, nearly $1 million USD has been invested in 230 projects from across 12 countries by 7,000 individuals on HIPGive, reaching more than 300,000 web visitors, and a social network audience of more than 30,000 individuals, organizations, and businesses interested in social impact initiatives serving Latino communities.
Through HIPGive’s most recent digital strategies, the platform will become the first content hub, including articles, videos, podcasts, and more about Latino social impact and philanthropy in the Americas. Our goal is to grow into the biggest digital community for champions of Latino social good and collectively bring our impact stories and voice to the forefront.
The Director of HIPGive reports to the Vice President of Programs at HIP and will be responsible for developing and executing strategies fostering platform growth across the U.S. and Latin America. This position is based in Mexico City, Mexico. The ideal candidate is a creative, results-driven, positive team leader who is passionate about HIP’s mission and is able to design creative solutions to ensure sustainable growth in the region and position HIPGive as the leading donation crowdfunding platform and online community for social impact in the Americas across all sectors.
Business Development: Strengthen and further develop HIPGive’s business model, revenue strategies and determine what the best approaches are in terms of marketing, customer service, management and sales to ensure platform growth. Develop and achieve monthly/quarterly goals and growth targets. Communicate clearly the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to HIP senior leadership.
Operations: Further develop and institute operational frameworks to optimize the internal functionality and streamline processes for product development, customer service, marketing activities and payment processes. Create/utilize internal systems to analyze and track towards data-driven goals to inform business and product development strategies.
Partnership Development: Act as the key representative for externally communicating HIPGive’s mission, vision, strategies and impact to prospective corporate and foundation partners, and industry networks. Design and oversee the implementation of partnership development strategies and services for partners.
Budget Management: Work closely with HIP’s VP of Finance to assess, adjust and manage HIPGive’s financial sustainability strategies and performance within HIP programs and mission.
- 7+ years of client-facing experience in account management, project management and partnership development in Mexico, Latin America and the U.S.
- Experience with technology product development, marketing, and sales.
- Demonstrated business development experience, particularly in the areas of social innovation and entrepreneurship, and/or technology.
- Experience building relationships with key stakeholders and industry leaders in the public, private and nonprofit sectors in U.S., Mexico, and greater Latin America.
- Experience managing multi-stakeholder and cross-sectoral initiatives.
- Experience in tech industry, philanthropy, non-profits, social enterprise, or financial sector in general.
- 4 plus years of experience in a team management role and detailed management of program budgets.
- Experience leading virtual teams.
- Written and verbal fluency in Spanish and English required.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Masters Preferred.
- Ability to focus on higher level, growth oriented goals.
- Self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit and ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced nonprofit environment.
- Experience and demonstrated ability to prioritize and multitask in a deadline-driven, high-pressure environment.
- Creative thinking abilities and a proven ability to collaborate and lead cross-functional teams.
- Persuasive, positive and confident with strong leadership skills and ability to provide and receive constructive criticism.
- Superior communication and public speaking skills.
- Self-motivated with entrepreneurial spirit and ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced nonprofit environment.
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize.
- Passion for social impact in Latin America while fostering a collaborative work environment.
- Tech savvy. Applied professional expertise in MS Office and web-based platforms such as Wordpress, Google Analytics, and various social media outlets.
- Familiarity with the crowdfunding sector in Mexico and Latin America.
- Available to travel occasionally domestically and internationally.
Commensurate with experience, with possibility for growth based on performance results. HIP is committed to the professional development of all employees.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email the following materials in PDF format to [email protected]g and [email protected]
- Thoughtful cover letter explaining why you’re the right fit for this role and organization, including your available start date and preferred salary range.
- Résumé / CV
- A paragraph in the body of the e-mail explaining one thing you find most unique and attractive about HIPGive’s model and one thing you might change or add.
Be sure to include “Your name – Director, HIPGive” in the subject line of your email.
Please note that due to a high volume of applicants, HIP will only contact candidates selected for an interview. Candidates whose applications do not complete the aforementioned requirements will not be considered.
Hispanics in Philanthropy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with