For over 35 years, Rainforest Action Network (RAN) has campaigned for the forests, their inhabitants and the natural systems that sustain life. In coalition with Indigenous communities and allies from around the world, RAN uses non-violent direct action, grassroots organizing, education, and strategic communications to challenge corporations to stop destructive operations, respect human rights, and adopt comprehensive policies that reduce their contributions to global warming.
Available now, RAN has an full-time opening on our Digital Team for a Digital Production Associate. You’ll join a team of digitally savvy activists taking on some of the biggest polluters and human rights abusers around the globe - and we're winning. In this role you will report directly to the Digital Fundraising Strategist and provide continuous support in the development and execution of our email marketing program to drive digital revenue and supporter engagement. And, working closely with the Digital Production Manager - Web Developer, assure that RAN.org is our supporters’ hub for information, story-telling, and timely online action.
In this role, you’ll be able to drive the development of online resources to make campaigners and volunteers around the world more nimble and effective in some of the biggest global issue fights of our lifetimes. It will be a fast moving job that will take someone who is good at finishing projects on time and able to think big picture about engagement and supporter/user experience.
This person will also work with a wide range of campaigners, development, membership, and communications staffers to help plan projects and execute on their delivery. Anyone in this role will need to be able to self-manage priorities, be unafraid to ask questions, and stay on top of multiple deadlines. A successful applicant must be comfortable and effective working in a distributed team from a remote location.
- Build, test, and deploy online action pages, donation forms, surveys or other online forms for fundraising, advocacy, and awareness campaigns
- Create and test emails and other digital communications, implementing split testing to improve engagement and performance, and support the development and monitoring of marketing automations
- Query, generate, and pull custom audiences for use in email marketing, reporting, or to provide vendors for acquisition and advertising
- Work with campaigners and digital team members to help plan and execute all aspects of robust campaigns in the digital space
- Support in publishing blogs, news releases, basic pages, and other content for the organizational website
- Provide data analysis of online performance and recommendations for changes
- Use Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, and other data reporting tools to track all communications and their impacts
- Maintain weekly and monthly reports on the progress of digital fundraising, advocacy
and list growth
- Support in building followers on social media and implement strategies to grow reach
- Use online tools such as Share Progress, Action Network, and MoveOn Petitions to increase reach and growth for RAN’s campaigns
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into campaign engagement as relevant to organizational goals
- Support all of RAN’s work, g. helping during major fundraising events, grassroots trainings, or campaigns priorities as requested by supervisor
- Work openly and collaboratively within a high functioning team dynamic
- Participate in weekly team meetings, bi-weekly staff meetings, as well as attend vendor meetings as requested by supervisor
This role is uniquely positioned to help grow RAN’s social media following and develop our SMS strategy to increase list growth and engagement; exceptional candidates will have experience in managing social media accounts and with bulk SMS platforms.
- 1 year of experience or more using online advocacy and fundraising tools such as Blue State Digital, Action Kit, Engaging Networks, etc. to build and execute digital campaigns
- Basic understanding of HTML
- Preferred: familiarity with databases and query building for audience generation and performance tracking
- Preferred: Experience using A/B testing in an advocacy or marketing capacity
- Experience using social media such as Twitter and Facebook
- Experience using basic reporting tools to analyze and track data
- Ability to work independently from a remote location, to follow instructions, and complete tasks across time zones with a minimal amount of supervision if necessary
- Strong commitment to and belief in the power of using digital resources to help empower communities and activists to right wrongs and make change in the world
- Demonstrates an awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations.
- Contributes to the creation of a diverse, equitable and inclusive work culture that encourages and celebrates differences.
RAN strives to integrate values of equity and fairness into our work, which includes bringing an intentional racial justice analysis to our programmatic work and organizational structure. We are seeking candidates who have a commitment to engage in this ongoing process and work with us to create a just and inclusive work environment and world. RAN provides all people with equal employment and volunteer opportunities while also staying committed to providing accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. We encourage applicants of color to apply for this position.
This is a full-time remote position that is open to the U.S.
The target salary range is $53,700 - $55,000 for a San Francisco based position. RAN salaries are adjusted by geographic cost of labor, so the final salary would be determined on location, in addition to a candidate's overall experience and qualifications. (Ex: hiring an employee in Green Bay, WI would result in a lower target salary range due to the geographic cost of labor)
Benefits include full health coverage for the employee and their partner/family, an employer funded Health Savings Account, vision & dental insurance, 4 weeks PTO (increases to 5 weeks after 2 years), and a Simple IRA retirement plan with a 3% fully vested employer match. Additionally, after 5 years staff are eligible for a 3 month fully paid sabbatical.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply directly with the link below:
DEADLINE TO APPLY
Please apply by October 9th 2020.
Supervisor: Angela Stoutenbourgh
Status: Exempt, Salaried Benefited position
Location: This position is open to the US