About the Foundation
The Kresge Foundation is one of the top 20 private foundations in the United States and the only one focused exclusively on expanding opportunities for people with low income in American Cities. With a $3.8 billion endowment and a staff of over 100 employees, the foundation deploys grants and social investments across arts and culture, education, environment, health, human services and community development. The foundation’s state-of-the-art headquarters maintains an array of energy-efficient, water-conserving and health-promoting systems. The foundation also operates an office in Detroit’s Midtown district.
About the Position
The Digital Media Specialist works with the Senior Communications Officer, Digital to tell Kresge’s story in an authentic way via online content production, social media, search engine optimization, email marketing and digital media management.
- Manage day-to-day messaging and digital content using well-written, creative and engaging brand messaging across the foundation’s main website, Twitter and Facebook pages, LinkedIn page, YouTube account and the foundation CEO’s Twitter and LinkedIn accounts.
- Update and contribute to editorial calendar and establish clear processes for dissemination efforts across multiple platforms.
- Maintain functionality of Kresge website (Drupal) and develop solutions for routine website needs.
- Posts content across Kresge.org.
- Working alongside the Senior Communications Officer, Digital, help manage and optimize output of an external website developer on production of new content types or features and website functionality, as needed.
- Lead execution and weekly delivery of Kresge’s email newsletter, including content development, editing, testing (including A/B testing), list building and segmentation and performance monitoring.
- Collect and study website analytics to determine traffic patterns, most-used search terms, content gaps and site drop-off points. Prepare reports and recommend actions based on the above data.
- Drive development of SEO strategies to grow traffic as needed.
- Support communications officers with social media content/initiatives on program foundation accounts and coordinate with coverage on Kresge’s main feeds.
- Stay up-to-date with new digital technologies and social media best practices.
- Supports quality control of digital communications through copyediting and fact checking and supports updates of foundation written style guide.
- Develops and maintains CMS how-to documentation, site map and digital business continuity plan.
- Support ad hoc digital initiatives including video production, data visualization efforts, and social media live productions.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or related liberal arts field.
- Three years of progressive experience in social media, marketing, or digital communications role.
- Demonstrated news judgment, editing and production skills.
- Experience with content-management systems, social media platforms, search engine optimization, and Web-based technology.
- Experience with Drupal and Wordpress platforms preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of Associated Press style preferred.
- Readiness to keep up with rapidly changing technology.
- Ability to juggle tasks, quickly adapt to changing needs, work independently and as part of a dynamic and evolving team.
- Familiarity with graphic design principles for digital media required.
- Familiarity with video production preferred.
Please apply by January 17, 2019. Click here for more.
The Kresge Foundation, an Equal Opportunity Employer, seeks to reach a broad and diverse candidate pool when filling vacant positions. We strongly encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds because we believe that the foundation and its work benefit from the various perspectives and talents of a diverse staff. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability or other applicable legally protected characteristics.