The Laura Arrillaga-Andreessen Foundation (LAAF.org) aims to be the leader in programs and resources at the intersection of women, giving and leadership. LAAF.org is an operating (non-grantmaking) foundation on a mission to inspire, educate and empower ALL individuals to give, live and lead in a way that matters more. We are a young, evolutionary organization that democratizes access to free, highest quality digital educational resources and our founder’s decades of experience as a social entrepreneur, philanthropic leader and Stanford Graduate School of Business (GSB) academic. Currently LAAF.org fuels programs and research on giving, women in leadership and intentionally inclusive leadership (our founder’s new model of “Legacy Leadership”). These initiatives include Stanford GSB courses and accompanying case studies, curricula and learning notes, The Legacy Leaders Speaker Series and additional leadership events, MOOCs and other resources for givers and leaders at all stages.
The Digital Media Associate will lead all digital media work at the foundation. This includes creating and executing digital campaigns to promote LAAF.org’s work and programs as well as establishing the foundation’s voice and presence in existing conversations and communities that align with LAAF.org’s programs in women in leadership, intentionally inclusive leadership and/or giving. As this is a small start-up environment, the Digital Media Associate will work closely with the entire LAAF.org team including the founder and president, Laura Arrillaga-Andreessen.
Key responsibilities include:
- Creating and executing a strategic plan for the foundation’s point of opportunity in digital spaces, including establishing LAAF.org’s unique brand voice and narrative for social media and developing a budget for LAAF.org’s digital marketing
- Relaunching LAAF.org’s blog and launching our podcast including managing project plans, production logistics, marketing, content development, etc.
- Developing LAAF.org’s digital editorial calendar, including digital campaigns and coordinating with Program Analysts as needed
- Writing and producing digital content in LAAF.org’s brand voice (and potentially founder and/or LAAF.org partner voices)
- Monitoring all LAAF.org social media accounts and online points of contact (Facebook groups, MOOCs, Mind Fuel bimonthly e-communication, website, etc.) and interacting with digital audiences on behalf of the foundation
- Maintaining a database of key social media followers and digital contacts
- Growing LAAF.org’s social media presence (content), reputation (voice) and followers (reach)
- Managing the LAAF.org website, including moderate website development
- Identifying points of opportunity to promote LAAF.org on external digital channels
- Preparing monthly reports detailing LAAF.org’s online performance and impact
The ideal candidate has:
- A bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years minimum of professional experience working in social media
- Stellar communications experience, including excellent written communications skills (corporate communications experience is a bonus)
- Demonstrated interest in the social sector
- Passion for giving, women in leadership, intentionally inclusive leadership and academia
- Creative, fresh and relevant ideas and insights about current events and cultural conversations
- A self-starter, collaborative attitude with the highest level of self-imposed accountability and integrity
- Humility, humor, optimism and generosity
Working at LAAF.org
LAAF.org has a unique and enriching working environment that elevates the skills, knowledge and professional presence of all team members, enthusiastically known as “LAAFers.” The following values reflect our team and cultural norms:
Collaborative - At LAAF.org, we believe that the whole is greater than the some of its parts. Each LAAFer is selected for the unique perspectives and contributions they bring to our work and the resources we create. LAAF.org embraces a collaboration-first approach to produce the highest quality of accurate, relevant resources for a diverse array of givers and leaders.
Empowering - LAAFers are empowered to develop new skills and deploy existing capabilities to create the greatest value for givers and leaders. All members of LAAF.org are encouraged (and expected!) to recommend new processes and approaches as well as opportunities for impact beyond our current portfolio of work.
Embracing - LAAF.org’s success depends on all LAAFers bringing their best selves and ideas to our work each and every day. Therefore, we aim to create a safe and brave space where individuals are their authentic selves and provide honest feedback on all dimensions of our work together.
Accountability - At LAAF.org, we are accountable to delivering on our mission in service to others. To do so, we hold ourselves to the highest standards of performance toward achieving our collective and individual goals and results. As each LAAFer was selected because of their demonstrated capabilities and potential for growth, employees are expected to be able to work with considerable autonomy, take initiative to ensure timely delivery of work, and support one another’s success by freely exchanging insights and information including playbooks for success, growth opportunities and learnings from mistakes.
Purpose-Aligned - At LAAF.org, we believe every individual has a unique purpose that honors their passions, skills, backgrounds and opportunities for impact. When hiring new LAAFers, we ensure that each teammate’s purpose is well-aligned with LAAF.org’s mission as well as our priorities of content, education and inclusivity.
Intellectually Rigorous - At LAAF.org, knowledge is queen and core to our mission. Therefore, each team member brings a genuine commitment to lifelong curiosity and learning as it relates to giving, leadership (development) and creating value for our world.
LAAFter - We promote, value and respect generosity, joy, gratitude, honesty, humor, kindness, love, selflessness and, needless to say, workplace dancing.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter with an overview of their interest and experience (not to exceed one page) and resume to Keith Calix at [email protected]