Job Title: Digital Marketing & Fundraising Coordinator
Location: Oakland CA, Washington DC, or remote
Reports to: Digital Marketing & Fundraising Manager
Do you want to connect your passion for environmental activism and your digital marketing chops at the nation’s largest grassroots environmental organization? Are you looking to leverage your skills on existing digital marketing platforms and learn new emerging technologies to help advance advocacy and fundraising goals?
Sierra Club is seeking a Digital Marketing & Fundraising Coordinator to assist with the development, production, implementation, and analysis of email fundraising as well as advertising and messaging across our programs, including direct-to-donate, monthly donor acquisition, Facebook Messenger. This is an opportunity to be a part of a rapidly expanding program at a critical moment for our country and our planet.
Founded in 1892, we are the nation's largest and most influential grassroots environmental organization -- with over 3.5 million members and supporters. We've protected millions of acres of wilderness, helped pass the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act, and the Endangered Species Act. More recently, we've been leading the charge to move away from fossil fuels toward a clean energy economy and do this in a way that is equitable, just, and inclusive. You can be part of this impactful work.
The Digital Marketing & Fundraising Coordinator will work closely with the Digital Advancement team on creating content, setting up and launching campaigns, and reporting and analyzing results for campaigns across fundraising, list growth, peer-to-peer fundraising, and ecommerce goals. Applicants are not required nor expected to have all of these skills. We have an existing staff with strong skill sets to help develop the right person. Above all else we want someone who can think on their feet, is always trying to improve, and is driven to make a positive impact.
- Setting up and launching digital ad campaigns on Google Ads and Facebook Ads platforms
- Content creation for Facebook Messenger platform
- Build and provide detailed quality assurance testing on emails, forms, page content, ad content, and other campaign assets.
- Track fundraising results to determine effectiveness of various efforts.
- Propose, implement and analyze tests so that we are constantly optimizing.
- Work collaboratively cross-departmentally to identify shared goals, budgets, and opportunities.
- Identify emerging networks and trends we should be testing (and those we shouldn’t).
- Landing page and blog content creation
- A willingness to engage in equity, justice and inclusion learnings in order to help the Sierra Club continue its journey to be an equitable workplace and as part of a larger progressive community.
Knowledge & Skills:
We are passionate about developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are interested in this position, we encourage you to apply. Valuable knowledge and skills include:
- Up to 3 years experience in digital advertising, email marketing, digital fundraising or related fields, either professionally or in a volunteer capacity.
- Email Marketing/CRM Related skills (Salesforce Marketing Cloud ideal)
- Google and Facebook advertising platforms
- Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- Campaign concept creation, copywriting, QA, and editing
- Microsoft Excel or more advanced data analysis platform
- Photoshop/graphic design
- HTML/CSS and other programming languages
Heavier seasonal workloads may occur as a result of project deadlines, staff absences and vacancies, and during peak activity periods. Frequent weekend and/or evening work required.
Please follow instructions online here: https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=SIERRACLUB&cws=39&rid=1449
This position is represented by a collective bargaining unit and is subject to the terms and conditions of the contract between Sierra Club and Progressive Workers Union or Sierra Employee Alliance, depending on location.
The Sierra Club offers competitive salary package commensurate with skills and experience plus excellent benefits that include medical, dental, and vision coverage, and a retirement savings 401(k) plan.
This is a category 7 non-exempt position.
Sierra Club is a 501(c)(4) non-profit organization. Sierra Club employees are not eligible to participate in the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program. Sierra Club does not sponsor H1B visas.
The Sierra Club is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with