The Denver Center for the Performing Arts (DCPA) is one of the largest non-profit theatre organizations in the nation, presenting Broadway tours and producing theatre, cabaret, musicals, and innovative, immersive experiences. Last season the DCPA engaged with more than 943,000 visitors, generating a nearly $200 million economic impact in ticket sales alone. Additionally, DCPA Education serves nearly 150,000 students of all ages and skill levels through classes, in-school programs, matinees and audience engagement opportunities.
We are looking for an innovative, strategic Digital Marketing Director who will lead DCPA digital marketing initiatives, including website, email, social, search, display, influencer marketing and video production. The newly formed Digital Marketing team will act as an in-house digital agency, and this new leadership position requires a combination of strong analytical and creative skills along with excellent leadership and change management skills.
Position reports to: Vice President of Marketing and Sales
Location: Denver, Colorado
Primary responsibilities include:
- Lead, coach and develop a digital team of six staff, including the Marketing Technologist, Email Manager, Jr. Web Developer, Social Media Manager, Digital Designer and Video Producer
- Work with DCPA marketing stakeholders to develop and implement data-driven digital strategies aimed at the growth, cultivation, retention, and deepened engagement of our audiences and donors
- Oversee digital channels including email, social media, web, and display; leverage CRM to deploy sophisticated targeting and list segmentation strategies
- Evaluate and improve existing digital marketing processes
- Play a leadership role on the collaborative, cross-functional content team to develop and implement a digital content strategy and creative content ideas in support of key organizational initiatives, positioning, and programs
- Oversee SEO campaign
- Work in partnership with Director, Marketing Strategy & Insights to perform research, analyze data, and to establish, monitor and report on all digital marketing KPIs
- Stay apprised of emerging trends and technologies; serve as an enterprise-wide resource and knowledge
- Interface with IT and other internal stakeholders to ensure smooth implementation of any new digital marketing technologies.
- Participate in CRM initiatives
- Coordinate with non-DCPA employees on partnership efforts
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge/Skills and Experience
- Minimum 10 years of professional marketing experience including proven experience in engaging and growing customers via digital channels
- Experience managing both digital projects and staff; minimum 3 years team leadership experience. Agency experience a plus.
- Familiarity with digital tools including social media management; CRM, CMS, and other online tools; and other content marketing and distribution tools.
- Commitment to metrics and tracking progress, including a proven ability to implement data-driven strategies and sophisticated testing efforts
- Experience overseeing social media channels for established brand(s)
- Ability to jump from creative to analytical side of marketing, and to leverage data for decision-making
- A great storyteller and creative thinker with strong writing and proofreading skills and design / visual instincts
- Flexible and nimble work style for dynamic, fast-paced environment
- You don’t need to be a theater expert, but interest in and experience with attending theater a big plus
- An inspiring leader and mentor with strong relationship-building skills and great emotional intelligence
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and jump in to help at any stage of a project, no matter how large or small
- Ability to foster collaboration and positive culture
- Exceptional listener
- Ability to build trust and rapport with staff at all levels of the organization
- Deep passion for the digital marketing space with a proven track record of innovation
Bachelors preferred; education and experience equivalent is acceptable.
On the Job Training
Three to six months to learn specifics of DCPA business/organization through personal interviews, interactions and work flow
Standard office equipment
General office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 30% of the time. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
Our company philosophy is to select the person best qualified for each job in the organization. We believe our continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. All employment actions are administered in accordance with this commitment.
Please apply online at www.denvercenter.org/aboutus/careers. All interested applicants are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter by February 25, 2020.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with