The Laura Arrillaga-Andreessen Foundation (LAAF.org) is an operating (non-grantmaking) foundation that provides an educational content platform to inspire, educate and empower ALL individuals to give, live and lead in a way that matters more. LAAF.org aims to be the leader in programs and resources related to women, giving and inclusive leadership. We are a young, evolutionary organization that democratizes access to free, highest quality digital educational resources and our founder’s decades of experience as a social entrepreneur, philanthropic leader and Stanford Graduate School of Business (GSB) academic. Currently LAAF.org fuels programs and research on giving, women in leadership and intentionally inclusive leadership (our founder’s new model of “Legacy Leadership”). These initiatives include Stanford GSB courses and accompanying case studies, curricula and learning notes, the Legacy Leaders Speaker Series and additional leadership events, MOOCs and other resources for givers and leaders at all stages.
LAAF.org is at a strategic inflection point in building a movement around the Founder’s thought leadership and research as it focuses on two newer portfolios of work (women in leadership and Legacy Leadership) and reframes its value proposition in the offerings focused on giving. The Digital Manager will play a crucial role in expanding and maintaining a robust and engaged digital community for our educational content platform.
To learn more, visit LAAF.org.
The Digital Manager will lead all digital media work at LAAF.org. This includes creating and executing digital campaigns to promote LAAF.org’s work and programs as well as establishing the foundation’s voice and presence in existing conversations and communities that align with LAAF.org’s priorities: women in leadership, intentionally inclusive leadership and giving. As this is a small start-up environment, the Digital Manager will report to the Executive Director but work closely with the entire LAAF.org team, including the founder and president, Laura Arrillaga-Andreessen.
Key responsibilities include:
- Creating and executing an overall strategy for the foundation’s point of opportunity in digital spaces, including establishing LAAF.org’s unique brand voice and narrative for social medial, developing and managing a budget for LAAF.org’s digital marketing and building and retaining meaningful engagement on our digital platforms.
- Monitoring all LAAF.org social media accounts and online points of contact (Facebook groups, MOOCs, website, etc.) and interacting with digital audiences and diverse groups of users.
- Writing and producing digital content in LAAF.org’s brand voice (and potentially founder and/or LAAF.org partner voices), including relaunching LAAF.org’s blog.
- Launching and managing our podcast, including managing project plans, production and guest logistics, marketing, scripting and content development, etc.
- Developing LAAF.org’s digital editorial calendar, including digital campaigns and coordinating with Program Analysts, as needed, for content and insights related to LAAF.org’s portfolios of work.
- Maintaining LAAF.org’s CRM and ensuring data integrity while growing and retaining followers.
- Growing LAAF.org’s social media presence (content), reputation (voice) and followers (reach).
- Managing, updating and redesigning the LAAF.org website, including moderate website development.
- Identifying points of opportunity to promote LAAF.org on external digital channels.
- Preparing monthly and quarterly reports detailing LAAF.org’s online performance and impact.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A bachelor’s degree.
- A track record of academic excellence.
- A minimum of five years of professional experience working in digital media, including demonstrated success with managing social media accounts and producing podcasts and/or videos.
- Stellar communications experience, including excellent written communications skills (corporate communications experience is a bonus) and attention to detail.
- Experience managing a CRM, analyzing user data and making data driven decisions.
- A demonstrated passion for giving, women in leadership, intentionally inclusive leadership and academia.
- Creative, fresh and relevant ideas and insights about LAAF’s program areas and ways to increase digital engagement around these topics.
- A self-starter approach and collaborative attitude with the highest level of self-imposed accountability and integrity.
- Experience working directly with and supporting senior/executive leaders.
- The ability to consistently operate with humility, humor, optimism and generosity.
Working at LAAF.org
LAAF.org has a unique and enriching working environment that elevates the skills, knowledge and professional presence of all team members, enthusiastically known as “LAAFers.” The following values reflect our team and cultural norms:
Collaborative – At LAAF.org, we believe that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Each LAAFer is selected for the unique perspectives and contributions they bring to our work and the resources we create. LAAF.org embraces a collaboration-first approach to produce the highest quality of accurate, relevant resources for a diverse array of givers and leaders.
Empowering – LAAFers are empowered to develop new skills through professional development and ongoing learning and deploy existing capabilities to create the greatest value for givers and leaders. All members of LAAF.org are encouraged (and expected!) to recommend new processes and approaches as well as opportunities for impact beyond our current portfolio of work.
Embracing – LAAF.org’s success depends on all LAAFers bringing their best selves and ideas to our work each and every day. Therefore, we aim to create a safe, respectful and brave space where individuals are their authentic selves and provide honest feedback on all dimensions of our work together.
Accountability – At LAAF.org, we are accountable to delivering on our mission in service to others. To do so, we hold ourselves to the highest standards of performance, integrity and excellence toward achieving our collective and individual goals and results. As each LAAFer was selected because of their demonstrated capabilities and potential for growth, employees are expected to be able to work with considerable autonomy, take initiative to ensure timely delivery of work and support one another’s success by freely exchanging insights and information including playbooks for success, growth opportunities and learnings from mistakes.
Purpose-Aligned – At LAAF.org, we believe every individual has a unique purpose that honors their passions, skills, backgrounds and opportunities for impact. When hiring new LAAFers, we ensure that each teammate’s purpose is well-aligned with LAAF.org’s mission as well as our priorities of content, education and inclusivity.
Intellectually Rigorous – At LAAF.org, knowledge is queen and core to our mission. Therefore, each team member brings a proven, passionate commitment to lifelong curiosity and learning as it relates to giving, leadership (development) and creating value for our world.
LAAFter – We promote, value and respect generosity, joy, gratitude, honesty, humor (if not hilarity), kindness, positivity, love, selflessness and, needless to say, workplace dancing.
LAAF.org is actively searching for a Digital Manager to join the organization as soon as possible. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter with an overview of their interest and experience (not to exceed one page) and resume to Celina Artusi at [email protected]