For 30 years, Rainforest Action Network (RAN) has campaigned for the forests, their inhabitants and the natural systems that sustain life. In coalition with Indigenous communities and allies from around the world, RAN uses non-violent direct action, grassroots organizing, education, and strategic communications to challenge corporations to stop destructive operations, respect human rights, and adopt comprehensive policies that reduce their contributions to global warming.
The Digital Fundraising Strategist position is responsible for overseeing the management and daily maintenance of RAN’s digital fundraising and marketing channels, including email appeals, digital advertising, peer to peer fundraising, social media platforms, and website donation forms and lightboxes. The role requires a strong understanding of digital communications, marketing, fundraising, project management and usability. The Digital Fundraising Strategist plays a crucial supporting role to the Digital Director and will need to have a balance between strong creative and strategic thinking, technical and data analytical skills, and the ability to communicate professionally and effectively.
- Creates and implements strategies for digital fundraising, member engagement and online advocacy campaigns across digital platforms
- Leads the project management, writing and execution of fundraising and cultivation email campaigns; manages Peer to Peer giving campaigns
- Responsible for our digital advertising program including: budget management; drafting, building and testing digital ads; donation landing pages; Google Grants; and growing our email acquisition program
- Plans, project manages, creates and executes all content for EOY giving and Giving Tuesday -- including EOY digital ad copy, donation landing pages, data tracking, emails, Giving Tuesday, and tax reminder campaigns.
- Analyzes monthly and year over year data reports on the progress of digital fundraising and list growth and makes strategic adaptations accordingly. Ensure that all digital outreach efforts are consistently tracked (tracking digital acquisition ads, digital fundraising ads, membership emails, organic donations, return on investment, etc.)
- Grows and maintains our Digital monthly and annual sustainers via email, social media and ads
- Implements and drives supporter cultivation, including Welcome series, Sunset series, cultivation and thank you emails, automated donation responses, and an annual supporter survey
- Manages remote production contractor and advertising vendor
- Monitors daily donations to troubleshoot potential tech issues
- Collaborates with Digital Campaign Manager to ensure engaging and strong community on RAN’s Facebook and Instagram pages by following social media best practices; manages and implements digital fundraising across social media channels
- Oversees the production of multimedia fundraising assets for the organization
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience with digital fundraising for advocacy or nonprofit sectors
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience managing online advocacy databases such as Nation Builder, Engaging Networks, Blue State Digital, Action Kit, Salsa, Convio, etc.
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong data analysis experience
- Experience using A/B testing in an advocacy, fundraising and/or marketing capacity
- Advanced understanding of Facebook ads
- Strong creative writing skills
- Excellent cross channel communications
- Social media strategy experience with an emphasis on Facebook
- Detail-oriented and able to work both with a team and independently
- Basic understanding of HTML
- Basic understanding of Liquid
- Strong commitment to and belief in the power of using online resources to help empower communities and activists to make change in the world
- Commitment to Racial Justice
- Graphic design and video editing a plus
- Demonstrates an awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations.
- Contributes to the creation of a diverse, equitable and inclusive work culture that encourages and celebrates differences.
RAN strives to integrate values of equity and fairness into our work, which includes bringing an intentional racial justice analysis to our programmatic work and organizational structure. We are seeking candidates who have a commitment to engage in this ongoing process and work with us to create a just and inclusive work environment and world. RAN provides all people with equal employment and volunteer opportunities while also staying committed to providing accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. We encourage applicants of color to apply for this position.
The target salary range for this position is based off a competitive San Francisco Bay Area Non-profit location, which is between $66,500 and $70,000**. The final salary will be determined based on the candidate experience & overall qualifications.
*Note: Adjustments to the final salary will also be made depending on the candidate’s geographical location compared to the SF Bay Area. (Example: If hired in a location such as Austin, TX, the salary would be geographically adjusted lower depending on the cost of labor compared to San Francisco, CA)
Benefits include full health coverage for the employee and their partner/family (plus an employer funded HSA), VSP & dental insurance, 4 weeks PTO (increases to 5 weeks after 2 years), and a Simple IRA retirement plan with a 3% fully vesting employer match. Additionally, after 5 years, staff becomes eligible for a 3 month fully paid sabbatical.
How to Apply
Please apply with your cover letter and resume directly with the link below:
Be the first to comment
Sign in with