The McKnight Foundation, a Minnesota-based family foundation, seeks to improve the quality of life for present and future generations. Program interests include regional economic and community development, Minnesota’s arts and artists, early literacy, youth development, Midwest climate and energy, Mississippi River water quality, neuroscience research, international crop research, and rural livelihoods. Founded in 1953 and independently endowed by William and Maude McKnight, the Foundation had assets of approximately $2.2 billion and granted about $87 million in 2016. For more information, visit www.mcknight.org.
Designated as a Great Place to Work® for its high-trust, high-performance workplace culture, 100% of McKnight employees say they’re proud to work here. Employees love our mission and the chance to take on meaningful, creative work alongside caring, talented colleagues in a beautiful location with great benefits. In addition, McKnight has been recognized as one of the nation’s best workplaces for women and one of the nation’s best small workplaces.
The newly created digital engagement officer reports to the communications director. The position develops and implements key strategies, creating or overseeing a variety of content types and message channels to promote McKnight’s credible influence, transparency, clarity, and brand, while strengthening understanding of the Foundation’s impact and identity.
This is an exciting opportunity for a savvy digital storyteller to design and execute creative strategies to advance critical ideas and insights.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement digital engagement strategies to achieve mission and program objectives:
- Develop creative engagement strategies for McKnight’s online presence that integrates web, social, mobile, email and other platforms and reaches target audiences.
- Assist communications director to identify and plan digital communications priorities.
- Track and analyze results using Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, and other sources, to produce regular reports and make adjustments based on data collected.
- Vet, select, and supervise vendors as needed to support communications strategy.
- Oversee development of content, promotion and distribution of special projects, such as the annual report.
- Write and edit engaging digital content, such as email copy, e-newsletters, web content, and social media posts.
- Design social media cards, infographics, animations, and other visuals to enhance communications efforts.
- Oversee McKnight’s web presence.
° Keep day-to-day website and blog content accurate, appropriate, up-to-date and
° Oversee website structure, layout, navigation, images, graphics, and functionality to
maximize user experience and meet communications goals.
° Engage with other staff teams to lead development of specific website functionality
- Protect McKnight brand and represent McKnight’s communications function.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Excellent analytical, writing, editing and oral communication skills. Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite (such as Photoshop, Indesign, Lightroom and Flash), MailChimp, Google Analytics, visual storytelling, WordPress, Hootsuite, all the major social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn) as well as a working knowledge of grammar and style standards (such as the Chicago Manual of Style), are ideal. Familiarity with HTML, Canva, UX, SEO, and email segmentation strategies strongly preferred.
Required Education and Experience:
In addition to the above knowledge, skills, and abilities requirements, the ideal candidate for this position will also possess a Bachelor’s degree, or commensurate experience. Additionally, 5-7 years relevant professional work experience in multi-media journalism, digital strategy and marketing, communications, or equivalent experience and training.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Work is normally performed in an office work environment.
- Occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds is required.
- Bending, reaching, and lifting over head is required.
- Regular operation of normal office machines (computer, copier, and fax) is required.
- Occasional evenings and weekends are required.
- Some travel outside of office is required.
Apply via The McKnight Foundation website
Applications accepted through May 3, 2017