The Conrad N. Hilton Foundation was created in 1944 by international business pioneer Conrad N. Hilton, who founded Hilton Hotels and left his fortune to help the world’s disadvantaged and vulnerable people. The Foundation currently conducts strategic initiatives in six priority areas: providing safe water, ending chronic homelessness, preventing substance use, helping children affected by HIV and AIDS, supporting transition-age youth in foster care, and extending Conrad Hilton’s support for the work of Catholic Sisters. In addition, following selection by an independent international jury, the Foundation annually awards the $2 million Conrad N. Hilton Humanitarian Prize to a nonprofit organization doing extraordinary work to reduce human suffering. In 2015, the Humanitarian Prize was awarded to Landesa, a Seattle-based land rights organization. From its inception, the Foundation has awarded more than $1.4 billion in grants, distributing $107 million in the U.S. and around the world in 2015. The Foundation’s current assets are approximately $2.5 billion. For more information, please visit www.hiltonfoundation.org.
The Digital Communications Manager will be responsible for creating, implementing and managing online communications activities for the Foundation to support and advance its mission, objectives and priority areas. Specifically, this newly created position will focus on our online assets and practices. The Digital Communications Manager will report directly to the Communications Director who has primary oversight of the Foundation’s communications. This position also will work closely with other team members and departments.
- Help develop strategies, and implement digital and creative projects.
- Increase the online reach and impact of the Hilton Foundation’s brand across multiple platforms in support of our strategic goals.
- Develop strategies for our digital assets to reach and influence target audiences, while meeting the needs of our teams and our partners.
- Develop engaging online social spaces that expand awareness, reach, and the effectiveness of the Foundation’s communications efforts.
- Coach and support staff in their roles as online ambassadors.
- Make recommendations with regard to system changes (architecture, content and design) as online technologies evolve.
- Work with vendors, consultants and team members to ensure the integrity and evolution of our online platforms.
- Manage our social media presence across multiple platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr and YouTube accounts, among others.
- Manage and monitor integrated email marketing campaigns.
- Manage digital communications projects and products, sharing programmatic duties, responsibilities and goals with the existing Communications Manager.
- Develop and manage an online content calendar in coordination with program and communications staff.
- Assess the effectiveness of online efforts on an ongoing basis and create analytical reports for the organization.
- Keep projects on track, on time and on budget, while adjusting strategy and tactics when necessary.
- Manage activities of external consultants and internal staff who support Foundation communications.
- Ensure appropriate organizational alignment between internal and external messaging and communications processes.
- Undertake special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations or a related field; a Master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum 4 years of substantial work experience in a communications related field; experience within the philanthropic/nonprofit sector is preferred.
- Exceptional written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- A passion for the Foundation’s mission and priority program areas.
- Experience working in and a sound understanding of a broad range of disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively implement and manage diverse communications strategies and activities.
- Strong creative thinking abilities and a willingness to learn.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to build collaborative working relationships with staff at all levels of the organization and develop strong professional relationships and networks externally.
- Experience managing organizational social media accounts required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and CMS platforms required. HTML a plus.
- Proficiency with a variety of email services, developing compelling email copy, and creating enewsletters a plus.
- Design and video skills also a plus.
A competitive compensation package is available, including a salary commensurate with qualifications and experience, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and salary history by email to Human Resources at [email protected]. Please note “Digital Communications Manager” in the subject line. No phone inquiries, please.
The Conrad N. Hilton Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse candidate pool.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with