JOB TYPE: Full Time
ADDRESS: 2121 K Street, NW #200, Washington, DC 20037
PROFESSIONAL LEVEL: Entry level
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: 4-year degree
The Digital Communications Coordinator supports and maintains key digital communications activities for the Lupus Foundation of America, including the website(s), email marketing, social media, cross-platform analytics, and digital (search and social) advertising.
This position is an integral member of the Marketing and Communications Department, and collaborates within and across departments to fulfill organizational goals and milestones. Specifically, the Digital Communications Coordinator works to increase web traffic, email lead generation, and social media audience engagement and growth.
This individual keeps abreast of trends and implements compelling digital communications initiatives to diverse audiences. Together with the Director of Digital Communications, this individual coordinates and supports the digital presence of the Foundation’s programs, services and campaigns.
The ideal candidate will bring energy and initiative to this position, helping to identify high-impact opportunities to increase the visibility of our research initiatives, support services, and policy/advocacy work.
Roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Publish, edit, and update website pages (in particular lupus.org and resources.lupus.org) through the use of a CMS.
Ensure the Foundation’s website content and online postings are accurate and up-to-date.
Ensure quality of web pages by formatting, copyediting, proofreading, ensuring consistent style and brand voice.
Support the execution of sponsored content placements across our web properties.
Debug issues that arise with the performance of the website(s) including troubleshooting and coordinating with developers and hosting providers.
Collect and review web utilization data; monitor analytics and make recommendations for improved performance.
Serve as in-house expert on our web properties; Train content contributors on formatting and publishing to the web.
Ensure that the Foundation’s social media channels remain responsive, innovative, collaborative and engaging.
Stay informed on emerging online communications tools, social media trends, and best practices.
Execute on the social media strategic plan and oversee the Foundation’s presence on all social media platforms (Including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube) by responding to comments and messages and engaging with influencers.
Write copy and schedule social media posts.
Create and implement strategies to increase the number of fans/followers and to increase audience engagement on social media platforms.
Contribute to the development of thoughtful and engaging content strategy.
As needed, evaluate efforts and advise when social channels should be retired and/or when new channels should be explored.
Update the shared content publishing calendar.
Coordinate, edit, build, and distribute outbound email campaigns to support Foundation programs and initiatives, including newsletters, advocacy alerts, automated/triggered messages, and event promotions.
Create and implement lead generation strategies to increase our subscriber base.
Support routine maintenance and cleanup of email list.
Track and provide reports and analytics on web and conversion metrics.
Support the evaluation of the National Resource Center on Lupus (in-bound traffic, content utilization and satisfaction) as part of required reporting on our grant from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Contribute to the preparation of regular and campaign-specific reports on website and digital communications performance to relevant staff.
As needed, provide web and online communications advise and support to national network entities (e.g., regional offices and chapters).
Additional duties as assigned to advance the Foundation’s mission.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information management, marketing, communications or related field.
- Relevant experience, preferably in the PR agency or not-for-profit industry
- Experience and interest in health care communications and/or patient advocacy preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience and comfort with HTML and CSS
- Experience using content management systems and marketing databases required; knowledge of Craft, Expression Engine, Salesforce and Luminate Online preferred
- Experience in Google Analytics; working knowledge of the principles of SEO
- Experience with paid search and social advertising a plus
- Hands-on knowledge using major social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram) in a professional setting
- Experience with collaboration, productivity and project management tools such as Basecamp, Slack, Trello, Dropbox and Google Drive.
- Creative thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Proven ability to work well independently and in a fast paced and team-based environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt interpersonal and communication style to interact effectively with a wide variety of people
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates should send a cover letter (including salary requirements) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Digital Communications Coordinator" in the subject line. No telephone calls please. Principals only. AA/EOE.
The Lupus Foundation of America, Inc., offers a very competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package which includes employer-paid medical, dental, and life insurance coverage. Flexible Spending Account options, a 403(b) plan, paid vacation, and more!