Organization Overview: Exponent Philanthropy is a member-led community of lean funders—those who make grants with few or no staff—where foundation leaders and individuals turn to gain insight, share practices, and seek support in making decisions. Exponent Philanthropy connects them with answers, experts, and peers to create a community of fulfilled and, ultimately, more effective philanthropists. Our vibrant network represents all 50 states and a few international members that embrace a style of philanthropy motivated by personal passion, community need, and a strong desire for better outcomes.
In our team, we look for highly collegial, ethical, bright, and customer service-oriented individuals who have a commitment to quality work. Staff members are passionate about our mission and core values. They are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and have a strong outcomes orientation. Our members come from all walks of life and so do we. We’re proud to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our organization stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm, you will find a home at Exponent Philanthropy.
Position Overview: This position is responsible for contributing to and implementing our digital strategy. A successful Digital Communications Associate will be creative and enterprising with a strong attention to detail.
- Execute the social media strategy and campaigns, including optimizing the use of Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn to engage our core audience
- Prepare and execute e-mail communications
- Assist in the development and implementation of automated marketing campaigns
- Develop and design visual assets, including social media, website, and email graphics
- Manage web updates, implement content changes, and interface with third party support and maintenance vendors
- Work to improve our SEO and maintain our Google Ads account
- Maintain digital communications channels (web, email, and social channels) and report on key metrics related to each
- Advise on digital best practices
- Maintain our digital communications contacts, lists, segments, and syncs
- Support the team and organization as needed
Exponent Philanthropy seeks to not only acquire top talent, but continuously develop and retain top talent. The ideal incumbent will possess proven experience, be committed to continuous learning, and motivated to take on challenges. The qualifications below have been identified to improve the likelihood of employee success, engagement, and satisfaction.
- A bachelor’s degree with concentration in marketing or communications
- 2-3 years of progressive experience in a marketing or communications role; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience
Additional criteria include:
- Strong computer skills with a proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Design Suite, and Canva.
- Experience developing and executing social media campaigns.
- Basic knowledge of HTML coding and Web page formatting.
- Experience with Asana, WordPress and/or Mail Chimp is a plus.
- Must be detail-oriented and demonstrate excellent organizational abilities, communication skills, project management, and interpersonal skills with multi-tasking ability.
- Must have the ability to work in a collaborative environment and maintain a high level of quality control.
- Effective customer service skills including the ability to interact positively with staff at all levels is must.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position is $45K - $55K, commensurate with experience. In addition, Exponent Philanthropy offers a competitive suite of benefits, including fully covered health insurance for the first year, and a subsequent benefits package equal to 21% of salary to cover your choice of health, dental, vision, disability, and/or life insurance, and 401(k) retirement contributions. Our total benefits offering is designed to support employee wellness while also providing the flexibility to customize your package.
To Apply For Position:
Interested parties should email cover letter, resume and salary expectations to [email protected] and include “Digital Marketing Associate” in the email subject line. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Although we value initiative, we cannot field phone calls regarding the position.
Exponent Philanthropy is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our organization recruits, hires, trains, and promotes persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, familial status, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, source of income, place of business or residence, pregnancy, childbirth, gender or age (except where gender or age is a bona-fide occupational qualification, as defined by law), genetic information, or physical or mental disability (except where the disability prevents the individual from being able to perform the essential functions of the job and cannot be reasonably accommodated in full compliance with the law).