About The Position
The Development Specialist, Data Entry is the primary data entry clerk for development, personally completing most database updates of biographical data, contact information, coding, gift processing and acknowledgements. Uses reliable and approved resources to update donor records on request and works with the Senior Manager, Development Database Services to identify data maintenance projects that will improve operations and utility. Adheres to institution-wide data entry protocols, making recommendations for improvements where necessary. Coordinates with Manager Membership and Individual Giving to assist with printing of renewals and acknowledgements. Assists department with project overflow including, but not limited to, plan maintenance, preliminary research on prospects, digitization of files.
- Promptly and accurately process all gift transactions (gifts, pledges, pledge payments) in Tessitura and related databases using established protocols for gift designation and crediting.
- Upon request, creates, updates, and verifies information contained in donor or prospect records in Tessitura consistent with established protocols. This information may be biographical, related to contact information, or constituent coding.
- Creates, executes and shares acknowledgements from Tessitura for all gifts entered. Coordinates tax receipts and acknowledgements as necessary with the Business office to reconcile gift entry. Prints and mails all standard acknowledgements for gifts up to $1,000.
- Works with the Manager, Membership and Individual Giving to print and mail monthly renewals for the Friends of the Folger, helping with other mass mailings as needed.
- Under the supervision of the Senior Manager, Development Database Services, verify, enter, and update data as part of broader database maintenance, enhancement, or screening projects. Process assigned gift reports.
- Other duties as assigned, including but not limited to participation at donor/prospect events, assistance with large mailings, database maintenance report generation, preliminary prospect research and collaboration with database professionals in other departments of the Folger.
Supervisory Duties: None.
Grade: 3, non-exempt
Reports to: Senior Manager, Development Database Services
Working Conditions: 35 hours each week, normally Monday-Friday, 8:45am to 4:45pm. Additional hours as needed for evening receptions and other donor events. Usually, normal office working conditions. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Education/ Experience: Associates degree or equivalent required. A minimum of one year of database research and data entry experience necessary, preferably in a nonprofit cultural institution. Must have experience with donor databases; knowledge of Tessitura is highly desirable.
Skills/Knowledge: This position requires excellent skills in organization, accuracy in data entry, knowledge of database management, and a strong customer service orientation. A superb attention to detail and to the security of proprietary information, is required. Also required is the ability to perform well in a deadline-oriented environment. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook is required, as is a working knowledge of internet and other searches for accurate and reliable information.
Interested candidates, please submit a cover letter and resume on our website here. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. No phone calls please.
The Folger is an Equal Opportunity Employer.