Access Youth Academy is an academic enrichment program entering its 10th year of service and has an operating budget of over $800,000. This position will be appealing for someone looking to learn and develop new approaches to annual giving with a strong focus on metrics, strategy and modern approaches to donor relations.
This full-time position reports to the organizations Development Director and is responsible for helping execute effective cultivation approaches to increase the donor base and awareness of Access Youth Academy through a variety of in person meetings, presentations, and networking opportunities with key stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will be positive and adaptable, someone who asks great questions and wants to learn. They will also be enthusiastic about transforming young lives through education and narrowing the inequality of opportunity.
Grant Identification, Research & Proposal Preparation
- Track deadlines related to grant opportunities for government, corporate and foundation donors and communicate regularly with Development Team
- Identify and solicit new grant opportunities that align with the mission and goals of the organization
- Assist Development Director with follow up reports and grant tracking throughout the calendar year
Special Events & Projects
- Work with Development and Program staff to plan and execute yearly events including a large scale 10 year anniversary gala in October
- Support Program staff on an as needed basis
Donor Tracking, Correspondence & Recognition
- Maintain donor database on a regular basis including but not limited to inputting donor communication updates, updating contact information, importing and exporting lists, queries, etc. when necessary
- Compose solicitation and cultivation letters to donors and prospects
- Prepare acknowledgement letters for all gifts
- Work with Development Staff including Executive Director on all fundraising campaigns
- Working with donors to ensure gifts are stewarded correctly
- Updating organization website
- Produce monthly newsletter and contribute to social media strategy
Education, Skills and Experience
- Bachelors degree
- A minimum of 1-2 years in a nonprofit or similar fundraising role.
- Experience using Salesforce a big plus.
- Excellent writing and editing skills including letters to donors, outreach materials, e-mail campaigns, twitter, etc.
- Proficiency with Mac desirable.
- Experience and ability to work with all types of constituents such as donors, volunteers, board members, community and business leaders, government officials and others.
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative, and to complete and report on assignments.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and also remain oriented to the "big picture"
Access Youth Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, age, disability, pregnancy, medical condition or covered veteran status.
Salary Range: $38,000 - $43,000
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter together with your resume to Renato Paiva, Executive Director: [email protected]
Be the first to comment
Sign in with