The Honeycomb Project is seeking a dynamic and experienced FT Development Manager (40 hours per week) to help fuel the next stage of Honeycomb’s growth.
This individual reports to the Executive Director and will be responsible for working with the ED and Board of Directors to grow Honeycomb’s development operations from a diversified set of funding streams including individuals, corporations and special events.
Create and execute strategic development plans.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and Board to create and execute a compelling annual fundraising plan.
- Regularly assess progress towards goals.
- Identify the key drivers of success and roadblocks to meet and exceed annual revenue goal of 450K.
Cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding individual and corporate donors.
- Research and qualify relevant individuals and corporations for support.
- Work with ED and Board to implement successful cultivation, solicitation and retention strategies.
- Assist the Event Committee in the planning and execution of Honeycomb fundraising events including the fall fundraiser, winter spelling bee and summer fundraiser.
Build-out and maintain the development infrastructure.
- Oversee the transition to a CRM.
- Maintain a donor tracking system.
- Oversee all development operations including maintaining a development calendar, ensuring deadlines are met and tracking and communicating progress against goals.
- Oversee correspondence, tax and thank you letter generation for donors.
- Work with the Executive Director to develop marketing and fundraising materials such as annual reports, brochures, fundraising appeals, donor updates, social-media campaigns.
- Support the efforts of the Grant Writer and Executive Director to review, edit and submit proposals and reports.
- Manage cultivation and stewardship activities for foundation contacts.
Desired Skills and Competencies
Business Acumen. Understand the business as well as the competition. Knowledgeable in current industry practices, trends and information affecting nonprofit fundraising.
Oral and Written Communications. Communicate effectively at all levels both verbally and in writing. Excellent persuasive writing skills. Ability to share Honeycomb’s story in a compelling manner to achieve desired outcome.
Planning. Set measurable goals and objectives with timelines; measures performance against goals.
Creativity. Come up with new and innovative ideas to set Honeycomb apart and raise more funds.
Interpersonal Savvy. Easy to approach and talk to; spend the extra effort to put others at ease; builds rapport well and is a good listener.
Perseverance. Pursue everything with energy and drive; especially in the face of setbacks.
Commitment. Understanding and commitment to the mission, goals and values of The Honeycomb Project through all interactions
- This is a full-time 40 hour per week position.
- Compensation to commensurate with experience.
- Benefits include 2 weeks paid vacation and health insurance.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Knowledge of trends and best practicing in fundraising.
- Experience working with corporations, individual donors and special events.
- Proven ability to retain and upgrade gifts.
- Highly motivated to meet and exceed ambitious goals.
- Excellent oral communication and persuasive writing skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail, record keeping and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, donor management software
Please email a resume and cover letter entitled “Development Manager” to [email protected]