As part of an organization grounded in values of equity and justice, this is an opportunity to connect deeply to the issues you care most about in a creative, supportive, and inspiring work environment. Through this role, you will engage in close partnerships with NCYL program staff across campaign areas, partner with leading national, state, and local foundations, and help drive the organization’s growth. NCYL has an $11.8M organizational budget with significant, multi-year investments from leading foundations. The Development Manager will have the opportunity to identify and implement new strategies that continue to build NCYL’s prospect pipeline.
Position – Development Manager
The Development Manager will secure funding for many of NCYL’s high-impact system reform projects to defend the rights of immigrant children, end child trafficking, protect students from identity-based bullying and harassment at school, hold foster care systems accountable, dismantle the school-to-prison pipeline, and increase young people’s access to sexual and reproductive health education and care.
- Staff Mentor & Coach | Cultivate and manage close relationships with NCYL Program Directors working across youth rights issue areas, providing them with your development expertise, especially as it pertains to prospecting, funder communications, and proposal writing.
- Prospect Cultivator | Identify and strategize best approaches to reach new funder audiences, including foundation, government, and corporate sources.
- Strategic Partner | Generate new, innovative ideas and contribute to organization-wide strategic and development planning that will help ensure NCYL’s continued sustainable growth.
- Proposal & Content Manager and Writer | Ensure that written, funder-facing materials are high quality and assist in crafting new, engaging content that communicates our impact and inspires and aligns NCYL staff and funders.
- Demonstrated commitment to the youth rights issues that NCYL stands for
- Persuasive, compelling communication skills, especially in the written form
- Exceptional attention to detail and project management skills
- Three or more years of full-time work experience, preferably in non-profit development or philanthropy Experience successfully applying for and receiving significant private foundation grants
- Preference for candidates with Salesforce experience
Salary and Benefits
This role reports to NCYL’s Development Director and will work closely with the Development Associate, Executive Director, and Program Directors across the organization. This is a full-time position based in Oakland, CA. Salary is comparable to similar organizations in the Bay Area with a range of $66,000 to $75,000 annually. NCYL provides health, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, vacation and sick benefits, and an employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references. No calls or emails please.
Apply at: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Apply/120354/National-Center-For-Youth-Law/Development-Manager
NCYL is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, age, ethnic background, sex, disability, size, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, marital status, personal appearance, family responsibilities, matriculation, or genetic information. Applicants of color and those who will increase the diversity of NCYL are strongly encouraged to apply.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with