The Development Manager will secure funding for many of NCYL’s high-impact system reform projects that defend the rights of immigrant children, end child trafficking, protect students from identity-based bullying and harassment at school, hold foster care systems accountable, dismantle the school-to-prison pipeline, and increase young people’s access to sexual and reproductive health education and care.
- Prospect Manager | Ensure tracking and follow up to move funding prospects through all stages of the development process, managing opportunities to the point of being invited to submit a proposal and leading completion of proposals
- Content Manager and Writer | Ensure that written, funder-facing materials are high quality and assist in crafting new, engaging content that communicates our impact and inspires and aligns NCYL staff and funders
- Staff Mentor & Coach | Cultivate and manage close relationships with NCYL Program Directors working across youth rights issue areas, providing them with your development expertise, especially as it pertains to prospecting, funder communications, and proposal writing
- Opportunity Cultivator | Identify and strategize best approaches to reach new funder audiences, including foundation, government, and corporate partners
- Strategic Partner | Generate new, innovative ideas and contribute to organization-wide strategic and development planning that will help ensure NCYL’s continued sustainable growth
- Minimum of three years of full-time work experience, preferably in non-profit development or philanthropy
- Persuasive, compelling communication skills, especially in written form
- Exceptional attention to detail and project management skills
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities, and act with limited resources
- Experience with MS Office software suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) or similar applications
- Experience successfully applying for and receiving significant private foundation grants
- Preference for candidates with Salesforce experience and experience with individual and/or major gifts programs
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time, exempt, position. Salary is competitive at $83,180.00. NCYL provides health, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability insurance, vacation and sick benefits, commuter benefits and employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references. No calls or emails please.
NCYL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, age, ethnic background, sex, disability, size, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, marital status, personal appearance, family responsibilities, matriculation, or genetic information. Applicants who will increase the diversity of NCYL are strongly encouraged to apply.