Advancement Project National Office – a next generation, multiracial civil rights organization located in Washington, DC, is seeking an experienced, entrepreneurial, and organized Development Manager in charge of Donor Relations to join the Development Team. This position will report to the Managing Director for Development and Fundraising.
The ideal candidate will manages individual giving program for the organization, lead efforts to identify, solicit and steward revenue utilizing advanced fundraising techniques, including donor relationship building and cultivating prospects.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage full cycle of donor engagement from identification to cultivation and stewardship.
- Facilitate key components of overall strategic plan to increase fundraising momentum to achieve revenue goals.
- Assist donors with achieving their philanthropic goals through the organization.
- Recommend external outreach to foster advocacy, build relationships and drive funding goals.
- Coordinate the production of the Annual Report or Year in Review, solicitation materials, and other materials as needed.
- Develop and manage donor facing campaigns including regular donor updates, thank you gifts and swag materials, giving circles, invitations and briefings, and other pieces as needed.
- Execute donor cultivation events by helping to build concept, create targeted invitation lists, recruit hosts, and coordinate logistics.
- Manage a portfolio of their own mid-major individual donors, and help to manage portfolio of major donors held by the Executive Director by developing call lists, prompting cultivation/stewardship communications as needed.
- Staff individual giving meetings by handling meeting preparation; participate in meetings, and managing donor follow up.
- Coordinate with the Communications department for online fundraising, email blasts, and social media campaigns to raise support.
- Create fundraising awareness by participating in and representing the organization at special events, conferences and networking opportunities.
- Manage constituent databases to generate a funding pipeline including oversight of monthly gift entry and acknowledgment process.
- Research and engage new donor prospects on potential contributions and estimated funding potential.
- Perform development-related functions in consultation with the finance team, including gift reconciliation.
- Collaborate with other teams on the planning of development efforts, and support any number of special projects related to development as needed.
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- Maintain working knowledge of federal and local solicitation laws.
- Demonstrate organizational, interpersonal, and follow-through skills necessary to execute public and private events and successfully manage projects.
- Persuade diverse public audiences, ensuring collaboration in the interest of fundraising initiatives.
- Ability to manage high profile and high-net-worth donors, board members, and volunteers.
- Strong written communication skills, including the ability to advocate and communicate with authority.
- Manage a high volume of tasks at one time; including organizing and prioritizing own work.
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced environment.
- Work independently with minimum direction while also working as part of a team and collaborating with others.
- Demonstrate a high attention to detail.
- Maintain advanced working knowledge of social media platforms and software programs, such as Microsoft Office including, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook, Raisers Edge, other constituent relationship management systems and other analytical systems, and database integration through several technology platforms, project management and web design software.
- 3 years of relevant experience in a similar position and/or performing similar tasks.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree highly preferred.
- Ability to travel periodically locally and nationally.
- Ability to occasionally work evenings and weekends.
Who We are:
Advancement Project National Office is a next generation, multiracial civil rights organization. Rooted in the great human rights struggles for equality and justice, Advancement Project National Office exist to fulfill America’s promise of a caring, inclusive, and just democracy. We use innovative tools and strategies in conjunction with strong community alliances to strengthen social movements and achieve high impact policy change.
Interested? Please visit www.advancementproject.org/careers to apply
PLEASE UPLOAD TWO WRITING SAMPLES AND SALARY EXPECTATIONS WITH YOUR COVER LETTER