The Center for Asian American Media (CAAM) is a national, mission driven organization dedicated to presenting stories that convey the richness and diversity of Asian American experiences to the broadest audience possible. CAAM is the premier provider of Asian American content -- funding, producing, distributing and exhibiting works in film, television and digital media.
CAAM is seeking a talented Development Manager with strong fundraising experience, including special events, sponsorship solicitation and the ability to develop and nurture relationships with corporate sponsors, grantmaking agencies, individuals and community partners. The ideal candidate is passionate about Asian American media with a proven track record of initiating and sustaining corporate relations, sponsorships and community partnerships with significant special event planning experience.
The position requires strong organizational and networking skills, the ability to work on various events simultaneously and a strong eye for detail.
- Thinking creatively about year-round sponsorship and marketing opportunities that bring the most benefit and visibility to CAAM and expand our network and impact
- In partnership with the Executive Director and Development Director, annually developing and implementing a broad fundraising strategy
- Working with Program Directors to identify, research and solicit potential sponsorship opportunities for online, public television, festival and other programs
- Developing and managing a series of high special events such as galas, fundraisers and receptions
- Managing community relations assignments
- Cultivate individual donors
- Preparing proposals and negotiating sponsorship arrangements
- Obtaining written contracts and implementing all sponsor benefits, including logo recognition and advertising in print, online, event, in-theater and media materials
- Managing delivery of all sponsor-related hospitality, including tickets, passes, invitation packages and special theatre seating requirements
- Managing placement of sponsor materials and products
- Developing event and sponsorship collateral and copy
- Coordinating and ensuring post-event donor acknowledgment and stewardship
- Working with partners and staff to gather and synthesize audience/demographic data and related statistics and marketing related data and statistics for marketing materials
- Supervising development interns and seasonal sponsorship staff as necessary
- Developing and maintaining accurate sponsorship database and files
- Other development duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Excellent management, communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Excellent fundraising skills with minimum of 3 years of experience and demonstrated success
- Progressive fundraising experience, employing a wide array of strategies to support a diverse suite of programs (event fundraising, corporate and community sponsorships and individual donors)
- Strong organizational and writing skills, attention to detail and ability to multi-task under multiple deadlines
- Able to exercise good judgment, work independently and maintain confidentiality of donor information
- Ability to cultivate meaningful relationships with funders and partner organizations
- Capacity to take initiative and to work effectively cross-departmentally
- Ability to work with diverse constituents
- Professionalism, can-do attitude and ability to work well with others
- Computer savvy and fluency in a Mac OS platform and a variety of programs such as MS Office Suite, Filemaker Pro and other CRM software. Supervisorial experience preferred.
- Adobe Creative Suite and CMS experience a plus
Send resume and cover letter via email to jobs [at] caamedia [dot] org with “Development Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls.
CAAM is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, citizenship status, disability status of an otherwise qualified individual, membership or application for membership in an uniformed service, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify the Director of Administration. For more information, visit: caamedia.org
Be the first to comment
Sign in with